Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: Out of interest  (Read 3624 times)

Offline Eileen

• Certified Addict
  • Rotorua, New Zealand
Re: Out of interest
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2007, 08:30:28 am »
we are trying to keep the buying of things to the min ... but that's a hard one to follow ... living out of suitcases is not that easy ...

You are telling me!! I'm so tired of living out of suitcases! Not easy at all! And every time you go to a shop, something somehow follows you home... ::)

Luckily we found a house. We can move in next Thursday morning. Now to sort out how we are getting all our accumulated things from Auckland to Rotorua, ... and the things we left with a friend in Hamilton, ... and the things we left at my cousin's place in Tauranga . :o

Offline nazmahomed

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2007, 08:41:24 am »
 :clap: :clap: :clap: thats great news Eileen. Please post us some pics of your new home.
"never let the fear of striking out,keep you from playing the game"

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2007, 08:41:24 am »

Offline Eileen

• Certified Addict
  • Rotorua, New Zealand
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2007, 09:19:39 am »
Hi Naz,

Thank you. We will just be renting until we are more certain about our future! We couln't find a more modern home and had to settle for a more 'traditional' NZ house. Zoning for schools are taken very seriously around here. So we decided to compromise on the house rather than comprimising on the school.

As my niece said, 'you don't need flashy or spectacular, just a little place where you can feel home and your kids are safe and at home is all you need.' We haven't had our own place for over 11 weeks now, so I'm sure its going to be HEAVEN to be on our own again! :smitten:

Badprop

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2007, 09:26:27 am »
Where are you settling Eileen?  Congrats on have your own hanging space :clap:  Now you can start settling down and get into a routine with things.  Nice to have your own little space to come to at night. O0

Offline Eileen

• Certified Addict
  • Rotorua, New Zealand
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2007, 09:29:32 am »
In Rotorua, Badprop. We're counting the sleeps to next Thursday!

Badprop

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2007, 09:49:48 am »
Enjoy the unpacking and rearranging, we woman live for it ;D >:D

Offline nazmahomed

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2007, 10:33:05 am »
You know what they say Eileen, "home is where the heart is at". Enjoy it and I hope you guys settle well

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2007, 10:33:05 am »

Offline zatexnz

• Wizard
  • Hamilton, NZ
    • Colorific Photography
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2007, 01:15:38 pm »
Hi Naz,

Thank you. We will just be renting until we are more certain about our future! We couln't find a more modern home and had to settle for a more 'traditional' NZ house. Zoning for schools are taken very seriously around here. So we decided to compromise on the house rather than comprimising on the school.

As my niece said, 'you don't need flashy or spectacular, just a little place where you can feel home and your kids are safe and at home is all you need.' We haven't had our own place for over 11 weeks now, so I'm sure its going to be HEAVEN to be on our own again! :smitten:

Well, Eileen, I know just how you feel!  We've been living out of suitcases for 5 or 6 weeks now, I've lost count.  But we're travelling through to Hamilton tomorrow, as Jan got the job there, and we need to find a rental.  I've written down a few addresses I found online and have prioritized them.  Hopefully it won't be too long a schlepp to find one, and that we'll be able to secure it and move in this weekend, or latest on Monday. 

We don't have our own car yet, so still need to buy that too.  So many things to buy... Ai!
lekker sweet as, y'all
~ Colleen

Offline nazmahomed

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2007, 01:21:50 pm »
I hear the words buy and shop and my eyes light up. My husband on the other hand has exactly the opposite reaction. Congrats on the job Colleen and Jan. I am sure you will just love Hamilton.

Offline MJ

• Certified Addict
  • Cambridge
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2007, 01:27:02 pm »
Yay Congratulations I am so happy that you are in Hamilton, Good luck with the rental hunting Colleen. You will be in your own home soon.

Offline Cameleon

• Certified Addict
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2007, 03:51:41 pm »
 :clap: Congrats with the job.  :gl: with the househunting, car buying, settling in... New beginnings... scary, but EXCITING!  :eek:

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2007, 08:17:18 pm »
houses, jobs, cars..... wow things really are happening to everybody at the moment. Congrats Eilleen and Jan  :clap:

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2007, 08:17:18 pm »

Offline Eileen

• Certified Addict
  • Rotorua, New Zealand
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2007, 09:51:10 pm »
Well, Eileen, I know just how you feel!  We've been living out of suitcases for 5 or 6 weeks now, I've lost count.  But we're travelling through to Hamilton tomorrow, as Jan got the job there, and we need to find a rental.  I've written down a few addresses I found online and have prioritized them.  Hopefully it won't be too long a schlepp to find one, and that we'll be able to secure it and move in this weekend, or latest on Monday. 

We don't have our own car yet, so still need to buy that too.  So many things to buy... Ai!

Hamilton is a wonderful place, Colleen. I'm sure you'll love it there! Good luck with the househunting. Also with finding the right school for your kids. And with buying a car!

Offline Johan01

• Certified Addict
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2007, 10:06:23 am »
we are trying to keep the buying of things to the min ... but that's a hard one to follow ... living out of suitcases is not that easy ...

You are telling me!! I'm so tired of living out of suitcases! Not easy at all! And every time you go to a shop, something somehow follows you home... ::)

tell me about the things that follow you ... and the kids does not help either ... four weeks on the road now ... living out of suitcases ... but for the beauty of this place I'll do it