Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: Tokyo Sexwale's wife hijacked  (Read 3420 times)

Offline Rhodan

• Certified Addict
Tokyo Sexwale's wife hijacked
« on: July 19, 2007, 07:34:33 am »
Johannesburg - Judy Sexwale, wife of former Gauteng premier and presidential hopeful Tokyo Sexwale, was hijacked while picking up their son from school on Wednesday, the Star newspaper reported.

The incident took place outside St David's Marist School in Sandton where she was threatened by three armed men who pulled her from her car, in which they later fled.

The young Sexwale, a Grade Eight pupil, witnessed the ordeal, according to the report.

His father is now a businessman, at the helm of the multi billion rand Mvelaphanda Group.

Source

Offline Happy Expat

• Veteran
  • NZ, now Melbourne, Australia
Re: Tokyo Sexwale's wife hijacked
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 07:40:04 am »
Poor kid, but it just shows how it's not a colour thing anymore :-\
It's more like a "free" for all :tickedoff:

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 07:40:04 am »

Badprop

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 07:44:07 am »
Welcome to our world Mrs. Sexwale.  Just sad your poor child had to see this.

Offline Rhodan

• Certified Addict
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 07:47:11 am »
I don't think it's ever been a "colour thing" when it comes to crime in this country.

The difference is when it's violent crime.

You get to hear about this government minister and that ANC MP being involved in a robbery or hijacking, yet they are always unharmed. More often than not when it's a white family, the women are gang raped and the men are severly beaten and / or shot.

How else does one explain things when a white women is hijacked and tries to run away, but the animals drive over her and kill her ? Or an elderly lady is gang raped, or a young child at home is stabbed multiple times, or husbands are shot and killed for nothing ? That is a colour thing.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 07:49:34 am by Rhodan »

Offline Happy Expat

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 08:33:47 am »
I guess I've been away from there for so long now :clap: that I don't really get what it's all about anymore :confused:

Offline Rhodan

• Certified Addict
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 08:36:41 am »
I guess I've been away from there for so long now :clap:

;D O0

Offline robcraig

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2007, 09:16:45 am »
Happy Expat, here's hoping we all become like you very soon. Wife and I talikng last night, agreed that when we leave, we are going to NZ to become New Zealanders, support the All Blacks, make a totally new life etc. etc. and hopefully become blissfully ignorant of the status of SA. I wish for all of us going over, to become like you, to not be able to "really get what it's all about anymore". That would be a blessing for us, but not for the poor blighters that stay behind. :) :-\ ;)

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2007, 09:16:45 am »

Offline Happy Expat

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2007, 09:46:19 am »
Besides all the *** happening in SA, I will always have a deep love for my country, but I am and will embrace the kiwi life with a very open and happy heart :smitten:
I feel very privileged that they have accepted me into their country so that I can now live a happy, safe and prosperous life here :clap: O0

I will never deny that I am a South African, but will always support the All Blacks >:D :clap:

Offline robcraig

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2007, 09:55:53 am »
Now I know why you have 2000 posts. You have echoed our sentiments exactly, thank you, well put. O0 Africa will always have that little special place, but the Kiwis are giving us refuge,a nd soooo much more. :smitten:

Offline Happy Expat

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2007, 09:58:24 am »
 O0