Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: Another McDonalds robbed  (Read 3927 times)

Offline Didi77

• Resident
Re: Another McDonalds robbed
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2007, 03:06:17 pm »
Mags I know just what you mean with "feeling that you are deceiving people". I feel terrible about the people at work making planns for next year, chaingin organogram etc.... but can not tell everyone now allready as I am sure I will be "victimised"

Nolan it must be a relief not hiding anymore. I think perhaps if after the interviews we hear anything  :D I will sommer tell them all and then to hell with it.... :smiley6600:

Badprop

« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2007, 04:27:56 pm »
Naz, have you booked your plane tickets yet?

Nolan have you not found that almost complete strangers are giving you contacts numbers and addresses when they hear you are going?  The attitude of people these days are so positive to our move it is amazing.

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2007, 04:27:56 pm »

tandl

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2007, 05:51:12 pm »
Didi, I know what you mean, DH and I are very worried about breaking the news.  To our bosses and to very close family members that are not going to take it well.  And knowing that we are still going to be here for a couple of months makes us decide to keep the secret a while longer.  A couple of months is a long time to be victimised...

I cant wait until we can get it all out in the open.  Because at the moment we keep stressing about who is going to tell who because some of our friends and family already know!  Oh well, if it comes out, it comes out, I mean who cares in the end? Its not going to change the decision... We are outa here  O0

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2007, 09:07:25 pm »
We have got it out in the open asap, so folks can get used to the idea, or get over the idea.
We were just worried the students would resign, but in retrospect we could have told them ages ago, then it would have felt as though it is still far off.

I also just don't like keeping things from folks when it affects them, but each situation is different.

Offline nazmahomed

« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2007, 01:27:14 pm »
It still tickles me when people ask WHY we are leaving, but what i have found is that each time i have to spell it out to anybody it just reaffirms my decision and desperation to get out...
"never let the fear of striking out,keep you from playing the game"

Offline Didi77

• Resident
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2007, 01:43:31 pm »
Naz amazing. That is just what I say. I do not mind re-telling people why we are doing this. The more the argue the more I remember the reasons......

It gives you that calm satisfied feeling of being secure of our decision.

Still terrifying...... :buck2: but secure.....

Offline nazmahomed

« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2007, 02:37:04 pm »
i know how you feel Didi. We are going to a brand new life and I suppose it is only human to be scared of the unknown. I guess that's why we all spend so much time on this site...to find out as much as we can for when we go over

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2007, 02:37:04 pm »

Offline nazmahomed

« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2007, 02:38:32 pm »
Badprop, I havent booked flights yet. Will only do so once we have visas in hand