Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: I feared they'd molest my wife  (Read 4258 times)

Badprop

Re: I feared they'd molest my wife
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2007, 08:02:34 am »
At least they don't have the DV lottery like Us had.   

Offline zatexnz

• Wizard
  • Hamilton, NZ
    • Colorific Photography
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2007, 08:23:06 am »
Even with the DV lottery, if you won, you didn't necessarily win...  You still had to submit paperwork within a given time, and in fact you had to wait till your number came up before you submitted, and some people's number didn't get called before the given time.  Also you still had to have a matric certificate, and go through the medicals, fingerprinting and background checks.  I've known of people who "won", only to find out a year later that they "lost" it.  A terrible let down emotionally. 

As for NZ, I was very much pleased to see that you have to do the police clearance and medical checks even for work permits.  We didn't need to do this for Work permits in the USA.  Only for permanent residency (Green card), which is why those ^%$@! terrorists were able to get in so easily...
lekker sweet as, y'all
~ Colleen

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2007, 08:23:06 am »

worsie

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2007, 08:42:09 am »
Considering the fact that about 2 years ago, from PR to citizenship it was 3 years. Now its a full 5 years, there must be a reason behind this.

Another thing, previously if you had PR in NZ you could immediately go to Australia if you wanted to. Australia soon closed that door and you now need to be a NZ citizen before you can go work in Aus. Unless I am wrong here?

Badprop

« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2007, 09:10:19 am »
I think you are spot on Worsie.  We originally wanted to use NZ to get to OZ, now we have no intention to do it.  It is understandable that they would make it more difficult to get in.  If you want to run a country that is prosperous and the economics are strong you have to draw the line somewhere or you could have a economy like Africa or poverty and over population like India.

worsie

« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2007, 09:38:54 am »
NZ will probably never shut the door completely, however i do believe that it will get to the point where they could become a little bit more picky as who they allow in. IE, in the future you need a degree of some sort.

But you right, thanks to the skills shortage, it may not happen that soon.

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2007, 10:57:45 am »
there are two problems with SA'ns becoming refugees :
1) they won't be able to cross the border like other refugees can which means they will need to fly out.
2) I can't think of any country that will do that.

We just need to hope that it never gets that bad, although it is debatable if it isn't already that bad  :'(

worsie

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2007, 11:07:06 am »
there are two problems with SA'ns becoming refugees :
1) they won't be able to cross the border like other refugees can which means they will need to fly out.
2) I can't think of any country that will do that.

We just need to hope that it never gets that bad, although it is debatable if it isn't already that bad  :'(

Who knows, however i am still a believer that Zimbabwe is going to get worse, much worse, but after that it can only get better. Maybe South Africans will be moving to Zimbabwe when that time comes.

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2007, 11:07:06 am »

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2007, 11:40:36 am »
but after that it can only get better

or it could stay the same :'(

worsie

« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2007, 11:47:19 am »
Very good point. But I suppose when old Bob kicks the bucket its already 100% better, unless there is just another bob to take his place.

Badprop

« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2007, 12:52:25 pm »
Which country, on the African continent, has improved after Colonial rule?

worsie

« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2007, 12:58:42 pm »
South Africa  :whistle:

I think Zim will be the first, Bob has run that country so far into the ground it can only get better once the old fart kicks the bucket.

Badprop

« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2007, 01:13:17 pm »
We are still seen as colonialists by the previously disadvantaged. 

Heard on the radio this morning.  It is regarding the name changes taking place.  Now even JHB Gen is going to have to change it's name.  It will now be, Manto Tshabalala's Pub and Grill. 

« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2007, 01:13:17 pm »

worsie

« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2007, 01:17:47 pm »
HAHA excellent  :2funny:, bet they will be serving sweet potatoes, garlic and beetroot.

Hey I heard the other day that Manto has a serious drinking problem, I suppose now that she has a new liver she has nothing to worry about anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsACRk56LYU

Offline Rhodan

• Certified Addict
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2007, 01:44:48 pm »
It will now be, Manto Tshabalala's Pub and Grill. 

LOL ! That's quality.  :2funny:

Offline Shirls

« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2007, 02:31:16 pm »
When she 1st had the liver op, i said to my OH bet she has a drinking problem and was pushed up the list!

We were never in a rush to get out of here - call it what you want, but the last month, for some reason we are singing a very different tune! Mostly due to the staff  :knuppel2: :knuppel2: at the factory. We have just had enough of the give me, give me attitude!
And my biological clock is ticking louder than a bomb in Iraq.

Job hunting has started in earnest, and if we get a job offer for hubby, then bye bye!