Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: Flights  (Read 7564 times)

Offline jafa77

• Certified Addict
Re: Flights
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2007, 02:44:02 am »
I recommend Singapore too. Nice break. Put your bags in storage for 5 hrs and get on the underground and see the city.

Emirates is long and tiring! Not fun.

greenfamily

« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2007, 05:47:05 am »
Hi,
Thank you for the info and tips. two more ?
1.the singapore flight would that be a single or return and which would you recommend.
2.As to timing of booking what would you recommend taking into account availability and cost?
Thanks in anticipation

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2007, 05:47:05 am »

Offline jafa77

• Certified Addict
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2007, 06:41:32 am »
I bought single, one way ticket. I was on a WP.

You can fly into Sing and leave soon after or you can take a later flight. I did that. Put bags into storage and did some sightseeing. Maybe with kids this is not a good idea.

Book as far in advance as possible, on the net is best I think.

Offline WendyH

• Certified Addict
  • Otorohanga, Waikato
« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2007, 07:07:14 am »
Prices of fares seem to go up the nearer you get to the time you want to go, so the earlier you can book the better in my experience. I'm having this problem at the moment, the prices are changing and I can't book.
MJ , I haven't done the foot under the case, but I have found that on most flights I've been on they don't worry about 3 or 4kgs over even when the flight is full.
EOI selected - 21 May 2008
ITA received - 1 July 2008
ITA lodged - 14 July 2008
PR approved in principle 04 May 2009
Received passports with stickers - 03 June 2009

Offline MJ

• Certified Addict
  • Cambridge
« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2007, 09:52:35 am »
We flew one way and stayed over for two nights and three days.  Booked into Furama Riverfront Hotel - very nice. We also packed our Singapore stuff into one bag and left the other 4 bags at the airport for three days.
I think flight prices go down again after 15th Jan, not sure when you need to leave.
We were unable to book the stopover through the online site as it kept costing the two sectors as individual flights and quoting us R82 000.00  You can phone them up though and go in to pay.
Hope this helps.
If you decide not to stay over I would still recommend Changi airport as the place to stop over, lots to do and places to eat.  Free internet etc