Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: Bad Credit Record  (Read 729 times)

Offline AmanAplan

Bad Credit Record
« on: February 22, 2017, 10:49:15 am »
We all know that it takes a lot of money to immigrate.

Friends of mine are making debt at every bank and institution that they can as they collect funds to immigrate. They do not lie on the applications but also do not use the credit funds, keeping it available till they leave. Currently they have around R500 000 available on a combination of credit cards and loans. The also purchased an expensive vehicle (with a cash back option) that they intend to leave at the airport when they go.

It is clear they have no intention or method of paying back any of the credit.

They are confident that a persons credit status in RSA has no affect on a visa application whether it be work or PR. They already have their police clearance and tax clearances.

I am concerned for them and was wondering if anyone knows for sure if a persons bad credit record in the country of origin does affect a work or PR application?

Offline ShaunB

• SATONZ
Re: Bad Credit Record
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 09:51:01 pm »
Well that doesnt sound like a good idea at all. Remember you need police clearance certificates for residence.
www.satonz.nz
my satonz discussion pages... :)

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 09:51:01 pm »

Offline thombatt

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 04:05:27 am »
Your credit history does not affect your immigration application BUT it does affect you when you want to apply for credit in New Zealand.

When you apply for credit in NZ you will be required to complete a credit history check for your lifetime, not just for when you were in New Zealand.