Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: Accountants to NZ  (Read 202 times)

Offline George1

Accountants to NZ
« on: April 23, 2017, 08:36:24 pm »

First time posting here. I'm looking into moving to NZ from SA with my family. I'm 30 and a chartered accountant.

I have a few questions and would appreciate some advice:

1. Someone I know is applying for Australia Permanent residence permit and his plan is to use that to work in NZ. Does it make it easier to find jobs in NZ when you already have a permit to work in NZ (in the form of Aus PR) or is it the same as searching with no NZ work permit for a job?

2. How easy or difficult is it to find jobs in NZ for accountants? Assuming I have Aus PR.

3. Should I approach this using a migration agent or try it myself? What's the benefit from using a agent?

Offline ShaunB

• SATONZ
Re: Accountants to NZ
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 09:49:45 pm »
Hi George,

I think its easier getting into NZ than Australia especially recently, even with NZ tightening their regulations. But I have read that with Aus PR you can live and work in NZ (but not the other way around).

I found NZ employers are happy to interview if you are eligible to work in NZ and not really too worried which visa you have. As long as its legal and valid. You will battle to get interviews without a valid work permit though.

What makes it difficult is the catch 22 situation. You need a work permit to get a job and you need a job offer to get a work permit.

Just a note, this forum is getting nailed with spam and questions are often lost in it. You are more than welcome to register on my forum and ask away.
my satonz discussion pages... :)

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

Re: Accountants to NZ
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 09:49:45 pm »