Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: Newbie coming to NZ  (Read 2108 times)

Offline Natashah

• Weltevreden Park
Re: Newbie coming to NZ
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2007, 09:19:53 pm »
We are going to Wet and Windy Wellington... :)

I received a fantastic job offer that we could not turn down. 

What do you and hubby do?

How many kiddies.  I have 3 - Paige (12) Damon (5) and Hannah (2)
"Nothing is unachievable - unless you have already decided you cannot achieve it"
Author - Me

Offline Tash

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2007, 09:30:28 pm »
Ahh, I don't know if I could do wet & windy!  Been there, done that many moons ago when I lived in Cape Town as a lil girl.

Hubby works for SAA (lovely stuff at the moment as u know) as an engineer & technician & he's been given a fantastic offer by Air NZ & so has a helluva lot of his mates/work buddies . . . hmph, wonder what's gonna happen to Airways here?

Me, myself, I'm a kept woman . . . I wish, I work from home on anything I can get my hands on.  I stopped working when I had my son 6 years ago & had a daughter after that . . . Owen (6 in Dec) & Caitlin (4 in Dec).  I then decided that working for a boss is  :censored: so now I'm a nail technician/DIY freak/computer geek/scuba diver/cyclist etc.etc etc.
Dive naked, things look BIGGER under water!

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2007, 09:30:28 pm »

Offline zatexnz

• Wizard
  • Hamilton, NZ
    • Colorific Photography
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2007, 10:42:22 pm »
Hi and welcome to the site, Tash and Theoe.

Tash, it's great that you have such an excellent job offer for your hubby!  I take it you guys have already submitted EOI, etc etc?  With a job offer like that you'll have PR in no time!
Your kids sound like mine, only 2 years younger.  Mine are also 2 yrs apart in age, Joshua (8 ) and Heidi (6) and both birthdays are in April (2 days apart!)  :D
Plus I also stopped working when we had our kids, and have also decided since that working for a boss is not for me.  I was not allowed to earn money in the States (just spent 9 years there), so now at age 30-something (last year to say that  :whistle: ), I'm suddenly faced with "so what do I really want to do with my life now?".  Both kids in school already, and I can't say that vacuuming, washing and ironing are exciting challenges for me!  ::)

Theoe, have you guys submitted your EOI's yet?  and in what line of work are you?
lekker sweet as, y'all
~ Colleen

Offline Happy Expat

• Veteran
  • NZ, now Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2007, 06:46:43 am »
Tash, sounds like you'll fit in well here in NZ O0

Offline Tash

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2007, 07:26:37 am »
G'Day 'Happy Expat & Zatexnz',

Yip, the ball is on the roll this side, still lots to do but no worries.  Going this wk to sort out the police clearances, hubby for medicals & when the final go ahead comes through then we'll just have to do his NZ medical . . . YAY!!!  O0 Then the 1st wk of the new year we've gotta put our house on the market & find homes for our beloved animals . . . that's gonna kill me!

Offline Natashah

• Weltevreden Park
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2007, 09:36:20 am »
Hi all.

Me, myself, I'm a kept woman . . . I wish, I work from home on anything I can get my hands on. 

:) :) :)

I did this for 4 years and decided to start working again after my 3 child was born....(I am only 31 so I have to do something).

That was the best decision I made...
"Nothing is unachievable - unless you have already decided you cannot achieve it"
Author - Me

Offline zatexnz

• Wizard
  • Hamilton, NZ
    • Colorific Photography
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2007, 10:49:32 pm »
Why not put the house on the market now already... market is slow I've heard, so perhaps you want to get a head start? 
lekker sweet as, y'all
~ Colleen

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2007, 10:49:32 pm »

Offline Tash

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2007, 08:11:41 am »
Hiya Zatexnz,

We've still got sooo much to finish in the house that I couldn't put it on the market right away unfortunately, we've got 2 months to finish everything, me being the DIY freak of nature. And we're still waiting for the contract which should be here in 2wks then we know for sure (we do but DH is making sure, sure)

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2007, 09:07:43 am »
glad we are finished with our house reno's - it was seriously hard work, but we are enjoying them now O0