Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: Hallo from PE  (Read 2758 times)

Offline Spears

Hallo from PE
« on: November 02, 2007, 11:16:35 am »
Hi All, I am think of packing up and moving to NZ with the family (wife & one child 10yrs), it is really a hard decision, we currently live the PE - a great place to live, great schools, and not the same problems that you experience in JHB, CPT & DBN, is there anyone out there that can give me some good inputs, am I crazy?? HELP  - Spears :-\ :-\
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 06:05:08 am by zatexnz »

Offline Rhodan

• Certified Addict
Re: Hallo
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 07:52:14 pm »
Howzit and welcome Spears !  :clap:

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 07:52:14 pm »

Offline Cameleon

• Certified Addict
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 08:05:14 pm »
Hi Spears. Welcome to the sagoingtonz family  :clap:
You are definitely not crazy to want your family to live in a safe, clean, beautiful country. Do all the reading you can, and in the end the decision will be much easier  O0

Offline SaKiwiBoer

• Guru
  • We're in Tauranga.
    • Oosthuizen family in NZ
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 05:41:19 am »
Hi All, I am think of packing up and moving to NZ with the family (wife & one child 10yrs), it is really a hard decision, am I crazy?? HELP  - Spears :-\ :-\
Hi Spears, NO YOU'RE NOT CRAZY, I think all of us on this site must have felt the same or had the same thoughts at one time or another, alternatively, all of us might be crazy. Nee my broer jy gaan nog op een of ander stadium voel soos 'n veraaier. Jy gaan vertel word jy is 'n veraaier/mal/whatever maak nie saak nie. Baie van ons was al daar en glo my baie kom nog. You are not the first/last one to feel like this. Enjoy this site. Many of us are in NZ already, and a hell of a lot is coming. These people can help you tremendously. Welcome to you and your family.
21/03/2007-EOI submitted
18/07/2007-Selected from the Pool
07/03/2008-Receive ITA
15/05/2008-ITA Submitted-(hou duim vas)
11/12/2008-PR GRANTED-(thanx a lot!!!)

"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." (Benjamin Franklin)

Offline Spears

Re: Hallo from PE
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 06:08:02 am »
Thanks for the feedback, I will scout these pages to read as much as possible, and hopefully make the correct decision  :)

Offline zatexnz

• Wizard
  • Hamilton, NZ
    • Colorific Photography
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 06:14:01 am »
Hi and Welcome Spears!
About all of us here will tell you, you're making the right decision.  :) But in the end, it's still your decision and your family's future you have to think about. 
There is a ton of info on this site, so sit back, with a moersa mug of coffee, and read and read.  If you have a question, you can use the search function to see if it's been asked before.  If not, go ahead and ask, and we will attempt to answer as accurately as possible! O0
lekker sweet as, y'all
~ Colleen

Offline mikencarmen

• Eastern Cape, South Africa
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2007, 06:52:20 am »
Welcome Spears and  :gl:

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2007, 06:52:20 am »

Badprop

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2007, 07:06:40 am »
Welcome Spears :clap:

You got to be a bit crazy to do this, there are thousands of crazy people doing the move.  There for welcome to the crazy forum.  We all nuts here. ;D

Offline Didi77

• Resident
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2007, 03:00:22 pm »
 :uglystupid2:

Nuts we all are - and this is not an easy decision to make and not a easy route to travel.

But at least happy, safe nuts we will be, in a country where we will actuallu count....

and my son may play rugby because of his skill and talent and not his colour!

Welcome Spears and  :gl: with the way forward.

Offline mikencarmen

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2007, 04:57:34 pm »
Didi77, could not have said it better myself...

Offline Spears

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2007, 03:45:30 pm »
Hi All,, well after a looooong weekend deliberating with the family, looking at web pages of homes for sale, job searching, flights etc, we have decide to plan a holiday and have a look so to everyone who has responded thanks, will advise you of my holiday plans, -- have to find R80k ....  :o , however, I am certain we will get there next year. We will be looking mainly around the North Island,,Auckalnd, Hamilton - Wellington  ----  ;).. Already listening to MoreFm – sound s great… Planning to support the Auckland Blues in the S14 so you all know where I want to be , cheers Spears

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2007, 03:57:15 pm »
Welcome to the family Spears :clap:

with R80 000 you can put in your application, pay for a container and flights for 3 people to NZ, just get the app in so that once you have decided, you haven't wasted all those months.

When I finally get to NZ, I will be adding lots of videos to the site so that everybody doesn't have to waste their money on LSD trips O0

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2007, 03:57:15 pm »

Offline Didi77

• Resident
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2007, 04:24:04 pm »
 ;D Great Idea Nolan - I will ad the national park and the beach videos  O0

Offline mikencarmen

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2007, 07:51:01 pm »
Great idea Nolan.... :), glad you are not going to forget about us still "getting there slowly"

C

Offline zatexnz

• Wizard
  • Hamilton, NZ
    • Colorific Photography
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2007, 08:06:55 pm »
Spears, I agree with Nolan... Check on the My Move section, whether you have enough points.  If so, get that EOI in as soon as possible (after you've had your qualies assessed by NZQA).  Then start looking for jobs and at least have a few interviews lined up, if you do get to doing an LSD trip first.   
You know, if you get your PR before you've even been here, and you should later decide not to come, at least you've got it, for an emergency exit... 
lekker sweet as, y'all
~ Colleen