Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: Hallo from PE  (Read 2668 times)

Offline Happy Expat

• Veteran
  • NZ, now Melbourne, Australia
Re: Hallo from PE
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2007, 01:57:07 am »
Welcome to the site Spears :clap:

:gl: with the best choice you've ever made O0

Offline dance

• Certified Addict
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2007, 04:49:50 am »
Welcome to the nut house Spears.  :gl: with your journey.
When life throws you a lemon - make lemonade!

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2007, 04:49:50 am »

Offline antonjl

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2007, 09:22:45 am »
Hi Spears and welcome my fellow PE resident. Been in NZ now for 4 months and getting settled in just fine. It rains quite a lot in NZ and sometimes one can miss the sunny PE weather!
 ;)
I have actually settled in so well that I have really neglected the SA going to NZ website quite a lot!

Offline benita

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2007, 08:02:04 pm »
Hi Spears, you are not alone... after months of deliberation we finally made our decision!  My husband and I both have job offers and we will start with applying for our visas as soon as we have all the documents we need.  We're just holding thumbs that our visa applications are approved.  We're moving to Auckland with our 4-year old son.  We were also agonizing about this, but you can only know what living in NZ is like if you actually take the plunge.  Good luck! :gl:

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2007, 09:06:40 pm »
I agree with Colleen - in the bigger picture the R20 000 odd Rand it costs for PR is nothing compared to the peace of mind it gives. We can up and leave at the drop of a hat if required now that we have PR. A very re-assuring thought O0

Offline zatexnz

• Wizard
  • Hamilton, NZ
    • Colorific Photography
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2007, 09:14:45 pm »
Hi Spears and welcome my fellow PE resident. Been in NZ now for 4 months and getting settled in just fine. It rains quite a lot in NZ and sometimes one can miss the sunny PE weather!
 ;)
I have actually settled in so well that I have really neglected the SA going to NZ website quite a lot!

Had wondered what'd happened to you guys!  Welcome back Anton!
lekker sweet as, y'all
~ Colleen

Offline zatexnz

• Wizard
  • Hamilton, NZ
    • Colorific Photography
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2007, 09:15:55 pm »
Hi Spears, you are not alone... after months of deliberation we finally made our decision!  My husband and I both have job offers and we will start with applying for our visas as soon as we have all the documents we need.  We're just holding thumbs that our visa applications are approved.  We're moving to Auckland with our 4-year old son.  We were also agonizing about this, but you can only know what living in NZ is like if you actually take the plunge.  Good luck! :gl:

Welcome to the site, Benita!!  Since you both have job offers, have you submitted your EOI's for PR yet?  You would probably be able to land in NZ with PR, or at least soon after!!
lekker sweet as, y'all
~ Colleen

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2007, 09:15:55 pm »

Offline Happy Expat

• Veteran
  • NZ, now Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2007, 09:56:44 pm »
Welcome to the site Benita :clap:

tandl

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2007, 08:55:36 pm »
Hi Spears, we are also from PE and got our PR about 2 weeks ago. I have met up with LOTS of people from PE that have moved to NZ, mostly Auckland.  So you might still bump into people you know when you go out!!

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2007, 11:41:16 am »
TandL, have you got your passports back yet?

Offline mandyh

• Certified Addict
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2007, 12:07:17 pm »
Thandl and Spears where in PE are you?
We'll be in PE on holiday during Dec/Jan - maybe organise a meetup?

tandl

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2007, 01:09:41 pm »
Mandy - please PM me if you want to organise a meetup. PE is small.... doesnt really matter where we are! :)

Nolan, I havent sent them off yet, will be doing so tomorrow because we finally got the house money today! I saw yours though!  ;) Very cool.

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2007, 01:09:41 pm »

Offline Didi77

• Resident
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2007, 06:52:59 am »
Tandl make sure you ad a bit of note reminding NZI to courier and not post your passports back. Sometimes they forget! :)

Offline Spears

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2007, 08:12:52 am »
thanks for all the info, currently stay in Mill Park PE, already looking at flight details – routes times (via the middle east adds so much time)  etc , hotels and things to do on both North & South Island will take a few days off to look at schools, houses etc and talk to the locals, get a good picture of everything, I am certain the family will want to move after then holiday, hoe; the weather will be good!!! Will also hook up with some old mates out there and have a good SA braai !!! Will continue to visit the site and read up on all the activities, thanks again Spears ;)