Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: We toured in 2003  (Read 2122 times)

Offline zatexnz

• Wizard
  • Hamilton, NZ
    • Colorific Photography
We toured in 2003
« on: October 23, 2006, 12:46:18 am »
Both my sisters immigrated there as I've mentioned already, so in 2003, my family flew over from the US, and my folks flew over from SA to all celebrate my folks 50th anniversary.   My hubby & I & kids took time to ride around the North Island a bit.  I can just say it's awesomely beautiful!  One can hardly believe the GREEN there!  plant a stick and it will grow!  We enjoyed our time there thoroughly.  Stayed in Auckland for a week, drove to Tauranga to visit my hubby's cousin, then down to Hastings for a week, then up through HAmilton.  Took a two day trip on our own (kids stayed with my sis in Auckland), up the Northern peninsula, and stayed at a B&B.  I've already decided that if we ever do make it over ourselves, I want to do a B&B. :)
lekker sweet as, y'all
~ Colleen

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
Re: We toured in 2003
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 07:18:46 am »
Hi zatexnz

You are welcome to create yourself a photo album on the site and share some of your photos ::)

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 07:18:46 am »

Offline zatexnz

• Wizard
  • Hamilton, NZ
    • Colorific Photography
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 05:30:55 pm »
Ok, have done, but couldn't find out how to create "sub galleries"?
lekker sweet as, y'all
~ Colleen

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 06:49:10 pm »
Hi Zatexnz

Thanks for all the stunning pics. To create a sub category, go into your gallery and at the bottom of the page you can create a sub gallery.

Offline Jacques and Lindi

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2006, 06:48:46 am »
Hi Nolan,

How do we view the pics/galleries?

Jacques

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2006, 04:32:20 pm »
Click on the MyMove section at the top of the page and find the My Photo Album box (second row on left) click on the heading. When the album page opens, you can select an album to view. Shout if you don't come right.

Offline zatexnz

• Wizard
  • Hamilton, NZ
    • Colorific Photography
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2006, 04:40:09 am »
Hi Zatexnz

Thanks for all the stunning pics. To create a sub category, go into your gallery and at the bottom of the page you can create a sub gallery.

Btw, this didn't work...  :-\
lekker sweet as, y'all
~ Colleen

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2006, 04:40:09 am »

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2006, 10:38:33 am »
Hi Colleen, make sure you are logged into the MyMove section, otherwise it won't show the Add Sub Gallery option at the bottom. Let me know if you have any hassles, then I'll create it from my side for you

Offline zatexnz

• Wizard
  • Hamilton, NZ
    • Colorific Photography
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2006, 04:48:04 am »
I logged in, then went to My Moves, then to the album section.  I created another album, but it creates it in the main area, not as a sub-album under zatexnz's Gallery.  I went in on my initial gallery and there is only the photo upload options, no option to create subalbums.  Maybe I'm  :uglystupid2:  ;)
lekker sweet as, y'all
~ Colleen

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2006, 09:06:02 am »
Hi Colleen, long time no hear  ;)
I doubt the  :uglystupid2: statement, will check it out for you.
In the meantime I have created your sub-gallery for you.

How are your plans going to move to NZ?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2006, 09:09:05 am by Nolan59 »

Offline zatexnz

• Wizard
  • Hamilton, NZ
    • Colorific Photography
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2007, 06:45:15 am »
Thnx...

We will see about moving to NZ.  AFter 5.5 years of waiting, finally there is movement on our applications for Labour Certification here in teh USA.  My husband's employer now has to do the "recruitment phase" in which they have to advertize his position with exact wording the DOL provides, for a period of 1 month (half has already past).  They have to document all the interview rejections.  That paperwork then gets submitted at the end of the alotted time (Jan 15 in our case), and then the DOL will review it and decide whether they approve our application or not.  So we will know hopefully by end January or perhaps February whether we will proceed to file the next phase, or turn our eyes to the South West...  :)   Anybody offering prayers  - we appreciate it!
lekker sweet as, y'all
~ Colleen

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2007, 06:46:15 pm »
We will be holding thumbs for you guys, either way the dice falls for you. At least something is happening for you now that will help bring certainty.

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2007, 06:46:15 pm »

Offline zatexnz

• Wizard
  • Hamilton, NZ
    • Colorific Photography
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2007, 08:20:50 pm »
Thnx...

We will see about moving to NZ.  AFter 5.5 years of waiting, finally there is movement on our applications for Labour Certification here in teh USA.  My husband's employer now has to do the "recruitment phase" in which they have to advertize his position with exact wording the DOL provides, for a period of 1 month (half has already past).  They have to document all the interview rejections.  That paperwork then gets submitted at the end of the alotted time (Jan 15 in our case), and then the DOL will review it and decide whether they approve our application or not.  So we will know hopefully by end January or perhaps February whether we will proceed to file the next phase, or turn our eyes to the South West...  :)   Anybody offering prayers  - we appreciate it!

Goodness... feels like a lifetime between this post and now!  I'm so glad we did our trip in 2003, as it sure helps to know where we're going, and a bit of what life is like there.  :)
lekker sweet as, y'all
~ Colleen

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2007, 08:06:42 am »
Isn't it amazing how quickly the water flows under the bridge. We have now been in process for almost a year  :o, before we know it, we will all be in NZ  :)