Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: Electricians  (Read 3167 times)

Offline Durbschick1

Re: Electricians
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2007, 08:47:36 am »
Small world hey! My sister lives in Midrand and I will have to go visit soon! Maybe we can organize a get together then?!

We are still waiting for the unabridged birth/marriage certificates... hoping to get them soon..! (and the kids passports) Then we will send off the NZQA, I'm about to send the forms to EWRB, but was wondering how they process it, do they need to verify your qualifications? I was wondering if it would help them if I contact Olifantsfontein myself and get some sort of written confirmation from them before I send of the forms? (Apart from the actual results and certificates I've got on file). With all the changes since the good old 90's I'm worried that they might not get any assistance when trying to confirm Pieter's qualifications...?

We wanted to get there by the new school year 2008, but with Home affaris taking so long I don't know if we'll make it by then...  :( Paterwork....&^%&^*&!!!!

Good luck on your side!

« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 11:30:29 pm by Nolan »

Offline Durbschick1

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2007, 08:53:11 am »
Hi Naz - Jip, we've heard about the field experience. Sometimes I look at all the paperwork and wonder if it is wirth it. All I need to do is turn on the telly and watch 1 min. of any news report and I'm motivated again...!!!

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2007, 08:53:11 am »

Offline Rhodan

• Certified Addict
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2007, 08:59:26 am »
We're in Midrand as well.

Wilna, as a matter of interest, what agent are you using ?

Offline nazmahomed

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2007, 09:25:52 am »
Olifantsfontein???? Is that where your OH did his trade training. My husband also did his up there at Esslen Part for Spoornet.
"never let the fear of striking out,keep you from playing the game"

Offline Durbschick1

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2007, 10:10:29 am »
Jip, that's where his co at the time sent him. They have had a name change in the last couple of years, not suprising with 'Tswane' and all.... (If we ever come back for a visit we will not know where all out friends live anymore!)
We are using Network Migration. I've hear some good stories and bad stories about them, but I suppose it is what you make of it. I work 2 jobs full time and time is a bit of a problem, so I 'nag' them when needed and so far so good...
hink by the time we are all there who needs to come back for a vist!!! :clap: just have to convince my Mom to pack up!