Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: Skinners in Aucland  (Read 22234 times)

Offline mikencarmen

• Eastern Cape, South Africa
Re: Skinners in Aucland
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2008, 09:59:15 am »
Good luck to your Hubby for the up coming interview..... thanks for the great update, my DH is  :envy: to hear about the mussels, drooling as I read the post to him...LOL....

C

Offline hadenough

• Certified Addict
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2008, 01:44:59 pm »
 :gl: with Hubby's inteview, hope it goes well. 

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2008, 01:44:59 pm »

Offline malindy

« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2008, 01:55:50 pm »
 :gl: with the hubby's interviews.  We are holding thumbs and toes on this side!!! :D

Always remember that things happen for a reason, sometimes we get that reason and sometimes not, but things always work out for the best!  O0  So whichever city you plant your roots, that's where you're meant to be!!  :)
Keep us posted!
The Only Reality is the Here and Now - when I can make a Difference...

Offline dance

• Certified Addict
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2008, 02:47:57 pm »
Hi Didi  :gl: with the interviews. Most people relise that tradesmen are really not geared to interviews. Whangarei is a great place and they have a HUGE SA expat community. If you end up there pm me and I will put you in contact with a few of them. All being well we will be there in a few months and we could catch up over coffee. Great cafes over there.
When life throws you a lemon - make lemonade!

Offline stella.mike

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2008, 03:32:21 pm »
 :envy: :envy: :envy: We want to go through all that stuff too?  But  :gl: with the interviews Tell Pieter everthing will be okay My DH was like that with the 2 interview we had when we came to the city.  In a few weeks time it will be all forgotten O0 O0

Offline Didi77

• Resident
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2008, 12:20:48 am »
 :D eish

Decisions, decisions .....

If I move to Whangarei or Hamilton I will be to far to be part of the welcoming committee in Auckland  :'( and I will have to pay to get the container there?

And the idea of having a granny flat to house 20% family, 20% forum members on LSD trips and guests other times will also not work?

But if I stay in Auckland I am still in the city? and we do not like the city?

The again perhaps I should stop second guessing life, stop worrying about something I have no control about, wait for the results of the interview and take the kids to the park now.  :crazy2:

If you think I am confused. You are right.  :D  ;D

Offline Badprop

• Certified Addict
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2008, 06:13:02 am »
You can always have a room open for us poor buggers who have to travel to these towns for interviews. 

Didi ask your sis how far Coatsville is from town.  It looks nice and rural, would like her opinion on the place please.
Take life with a pinch of salt ... a wedge of lime, and a shot of tequila

« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2008, 06:13:02 am »

Offline hadenough

• Certified Addict
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2008, 07:33:24 am »
Hi Didi.  Let your hubby's job dictate.  Everything happens for a reason, and you will land up where you are meant to be.  O0

Offline Didi77

• Resident
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2008, 09:43:47 am »
Cranks, give me the adress and I will go look and take pics for you. It is 10 km from me and I have time (and the VAN ;))

The thing here is that you have a millionaire house next to a "p" house. P is the drug they make themselves and it is not a nice house to stay next to. You never know.

Johan took us to coatsville to see the "livestyle blocks" (the name for a plot/ small holding here) because we did not like Torbay (too crowded, to many cars, busy streets). It is 30-40km from Auckland next to Torbay and the dairyflats. Very larny area, smart farm houses and expensive land. Easy access to the motor way. Wrong time of the day 1 hour to town in a car. 30 minutes on the bus. Good school. It looked like a nice place to me but perhaps a bit out of my reach?

Well if you are serious about it send that adress and we wil do a driveby/ looksee.  O0

Offline Didi77

• Resident
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2008, 09:46:22 am »
Thanks Hadenough, I also think I should go with the flow - but finding it hard as I am usually a take charge person!

Now we also have a interview in Tauranga (the guy called us today) and I have no idea where we will end up.

Good night

Offline Didi77

• Resident
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2008, 09:54:00 am »
Eish revise that. Just had a call - we have another interview for Friday in Auckland.

Hubby is in demand  :clap: :clap:

Offline hadenough

• Certified Addict
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2008, 10:15:06 am »
 O0 Great news Didi.  Hopefully this time next week you will be wondering what on earth you were so worried about!  I'll hold thumbs. ;)

« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2008, 10:15:06 am »

Offline stella.mike

« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2008, 10:54:22 am »
 :clap: :clap: :clap: Wonderful news.  Mike ask me every night if I heard anything from you guys and how it is going.  Sometimes I think he is very ancious for you guys and every good reply I give him from you, gives him more hope and excited to go to NZ, and because he know who you are and actually talk to you he will believe what he here from you. I show him the pic of Edith and he loved it he even told the kids to come see. :gl: :gl: :gl:  Good luck

Offline Shaz

« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2008, 02:17:00 pm »
 :gl: with all the interviews!

Go check all the towns out, see what you like and what they offer you and go from there. Things always work out for the best!

Love the car!!!

Offline mikencarmen

• Eastern Cape, South Africa
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2008, 04:32:16 pm »
Hi Didi, great to hear about all the interviews..... :clap:, Hubby will be an expert at interview before long!  :), Agree with hadenough:
Hi Didi.  Let your hubby's job dictate.  Everything happens for a reason, and you will land up where you are meant to be.  O0

Enjoy all the "sight seeing" you are doing when going for "interviews"... and keep us updated.

C