Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: JHB 2 Auckland in 12Months  (Read 1083 times)

Offline D-Meister

JHB 2 Auckland in 12Months
« on: January 19, 2007, 07:59:20 pm »
Hi all,

looking at getting all my ducks in a row and doing the big move to NZ early 2008.
My son was born on 6 November 2006 and I want him to grow up in a free and safe country.

Been to visit some family and friends back in Nov 2005 so I've seen some of the North Island but none of the South Island.
I work in the TV industry and trying to sort my degree out since I never finished and that'll be our ticket across.

Cheers now
Go big or go home

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
Re: JHB 2 Auckland in 12Months
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 10:45:34 pm »
Howzit D-Meister, welcome here.

Good luck with the studies this year so that we can get to see each other in NZ soon.

Looking forward to seeing you at the meetup.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 10:59:31 pm by Nolan59 »

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 10:45:34 pm »

Offline zatexnz

• Wizard
  • Hamilton, NZ
    • Colorific Photography
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 05:02:58 pm »
Welcome, D-Meister!  All the best with your studies and move.   And Congratulations on Daddyhood!  Yes, you are making the right decision.  My DH and I made our move to the USA based on the same decision - to raise our kids in a free country.  It has been a true blessing to watch my kids grow up in a neighbourhood where we can see our neighbours walk out their front door and wave at them.  Now we're moving over to NZ too.  What a trek!  ::)
lekker sweet as, y'all
~ Colleen

Offline FionaS

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 04:46:40 pm »
Why the move from the US to NZ Coleen, if I may ask?

Offline zatexnz

• Wizard
  • Hamilton, NZ
    • Colorific Photography
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 03:47:19 pm »
Fiona,
Our immigration to the US has failed, because after 5.5 years of waiting for them to process our Labour Certification, they required my husband's employer to "re-prove that they could not find an American to fill the job".  The job market has changed substantially in this country, and the description of the job that the DOL wanted them to advertise in the papers was too broadly scoped.  They couldn't prove there wasnt an American to fill the job.  You see, unlike NZ, the USA doesn't have a skills shortage.  We got here in 1998, when there WAS a shortage because of the Y2K panic.  Getting PR (also called Green Card) here in America is a LOT harder than just about anywhere else.   We heard that this had all failed, on January 12th.  Thanks to this site that I'd joined in October to check things out, we've been able to get things rolling very quickly.  NZ is our obvious next choice because I have 2 sisters and a father already settled there.
lekker sweet as, y'all
~ Colleen