Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: Letter from Beeld  (Read 3135 times)

tandl

Re: Letter from Beeld
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2008, 03:47:24 pm »
Sadly I think you guys are right.  Its an expensive exersize but some people just have to go through that whole thing of coming back to SA to realise that you shouldnt have.  I have made a decision because I want to have a family and I want them to be safe.  And I also dont want to live in a country that becomes like Zim. 

I am not underestimating at ALL the difficulties in settling in a new place and missing everything and everyone that is familiar to you, but I know that I am going to do everything in my power to make sure that my hubby and I settle in NZ and make a new start in a place where things run like they are supposed to.  Its not Utopia, but its a hellava lot better than SA!!!

I had to laugh at Bossie mentioning that his friend got broken into and stuff stolen in NZ... shock horror.  Any South African would laugh at that and then the next line would be "at least you werent raped and/or tortured to death!!!"

:uglystupid2:  Cheers Bossie.

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2008, 03:13:56 pm »
Immigration isn't for everyone unfortunately. Bossie has been in NZ for almost 3 years, so he has given the place a good bash. If he is still not happy in NZ, then he probably never will be. I hope he is happy in SA and is prepared to put in the effort to continue believing in the future of SA. I just hope that he doesn't now go and close doors for those of us who don't share his views and prefer to make NZ our home.

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2008, 03:13:56 pm »

Offline ingridp

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2008, 04:38:05 pm »
Shame poor Bossie, does he think he's going to come back and fight for his "vaderland"? Maybe he hasn't been back for 3 years...see how he likes sitting in the dark :2funny: Oh well, if that's his decission then let him come back, sure he's one of the wingers that give saffers a bad name in NZ.  He's probably one of those people who are just always unhappy and see the negative in any situation.

Offline SaKiwiBoer

• Guru
  • We're in Tauranga.
    • Oosthuizen family in NZ
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2008, 05:17:00 pm »
Shame poor Bossie, does he think he's going to come back and fight for his "vaderland"? ........ He's probably one of those people who are just always unhappy and see the negative in any situation.
Hi ingridp, yes he is going back to fight for his "vaderland" against a deffinit enemy. Like in a war where they are ALL in uniform and we know exactly who they are, where they are and what they are. And sh*t, we are going to beat them (50 million of them) to a pulp and take our "fatherland" back, you remember we gave that "fatherland" away to the enemy without 1 shot being fired?  :confused: But girl, this time, it's going to be different.  :o  Now we have no millitary, no arms, no leader, no nothing. When we gave that "vaderland" away we had an excellent army and some of the best arms in the world. But no, this time everything is in our favour, so yes, it is the right time to say, "Ons sal lewe, Ons sal sterwe, Ons vir jou Suid Afrika", just one little problem, Suid Afrika doesn't exist anymore, they just haven't told you yet but he is going back to Azania. Good Luck Bossie.  :idiot2: Good riddence ........ We don't need people like that coming to NZ. Sorry, do I sound cinnical(sp?) ?? Maybe, I just hate it if people are stupid? Why did he leave SA in the first place, if he wanted to get himself killed for SA? Because going back, he is increasing those odds........ Cheers,  >:D  :knuppel2: , SAKB.
21/03/2007-EOI submitted
18/07/2007-Selected from the Pool
07/03/2008-Receive ITA
15/05/2008-ITA Submitted-(hou duim vas)
11/12/2008-PR GRANTED-(thanx a lot!!!)

"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." (Benjamin Franklin)

Offline Louise Marais

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2008, 06:42:58 pm »
I ask the same question as SAKW - Why did he leave in the first place?  I personally think you have to go to NZ with the right attitude, you have got to believe that no  matter what, it will work.  You and only you can make or break it there.  We are going to make it.  We know it will be difficult in the beginning, but we are prepared for the worst (by worst I mean missing friends and family and finding our feet and being a little intimidated by everything new).  I also think that forums like this help you tremendously, it is almost like I am in NZ when reading the posts, laughing with people I've never met, sharing their joys and their sorrows, etc.  This forum is my home away from home until I get home!!!  I suppose Bossie never had the support system we have - what a shame.

So thank you, extended family, for making me feel at home!!

Offline ingridp

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2008, 08:09:19 pm »
Look, there is nothing wrong with being patriotic. I love my country, had many happy years here, but the time has come to call another country home. We all have our personal reasons for leaving, many in common. But life moves on and we make choices. We need to be grateful that the NZ's are so inviting towards us, I've heard many stories of good deeds done for saffers by kiwis. Lets keep looking at the positive and turn negative thoughts away. Wow, we're all going through such a big change in our lives and it's sooo exciting.And we're doing it for a positive future for ourselves and our children. This site is just that, everyone is so positive and excited for everyone else. One person posts good news, and the page is filled with congrats, another is feeling down, and the page is filled with happy encouragement! You guys are all such a kind, happy, helpfull bunch of  :smart:.This site has helped me so much, even though i mostly stay quiet, for once. Nolan, well done and THANK YOU!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline ANTONK

• Resident
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2008, 09:35:43 pm »
Ditto to all - Bossie is dalk te LOSSIE in NZ dis hoekom hy vlug - Need BEE to help him in SA as there are NONE in NZ  :2funny: - Bye BOSSIE ons gaan jou nie MISSIE - Byyyyyyeeeeee and will  :smiley6600: a taxi for you to pick you up from the airport  :2funny: and  :gl: in SA  :D

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2008, 09:35:43 pm »

Offline Happy Expat

• Veteran
  • NZ, now Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2008, 11:00:44 pm »
I'm one of those people who tried to immigrate to the UK first and after 4 years I still wasn't happy. I found the poms to be very grumpy and they moun a lot and the weather was ***, which got me down all the time :( but instead of going back to SA we tried another country....NZ... and now we are as happy as little piggies :clap: :clap:

Maybe he should move to the UK >:D

Offline Badprop

• Certified Addict
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2008, 11:19:06 pm »
 ;D
Take life with a pinch of salt ... a wedge of lime, and a shot of tequila

Offline Feather

• Resident
  • Heather - Kaiapoi, Christchurch
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2008, 12:35:31 am »
 ;D
Or maybe he should try OZ!

Offline Didi77

• Resident
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2008, 01:07:56 am »
Zimbabwe  O0

worsie

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2008, 10:38:38 am »
I know a few people who have made the expensive move back to SA and then left again. Going back is a thought that often crosses my mind too. Once you start adapting to your new life in NZ you quickly start forgetting all the negatives back home, the reasons of why you left. Its then also easy to find fault with your new country.

Part of the process of emigration is accepting your new country. New Zealand owes us south africans nothing. Its a great country.

This person will not be happy anywhere, not in New Zealand not even in SA.

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2008, 10:38:38 am »

Offline leon.vorster

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2008, 11:32:19 pm »
I 1st contemplated emigrating in 2004. Went to USA on work visa for 6 months.

Back in SA end 2004.

Got unexpected great job in 1 week.

Late 2007 realised 3 years go very quickly and getting into a rut. Time to move on. More expereance, etc.

Was clearly smacked in the face. Actually told in clear Xhosa accent English in degrading fassion that with surname, Vorster - names not BJ, white male and Afrikaner not welcome at any of big 5 constructiion company in higher than lower management. Also expected at one to train boss for 6 months and take demotion.

Fair hey. Another last stand white englishman said he did not enjoy his working environment, would have employed me right away if it wasn't for BEE. He suggested I emigrate.

Applied end 2007 and here we are.

"Bob" is sure not my Uncle and Zuma will never be Father of my new Motherland. ;D

L :thumbdown:

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2008, 11:37:53 pm »
O0

Offline johanpet1

• Amanzimtoti (SA)
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2008, 02:27:34 pm »
If someone really think that they can make a decent living in SA - then good luck to them. Not sure where the SA that you mention is. The SA we stay in is different.

On our cloud the situation is -
Our son can't study because of quota system - so he will have to become a car guard or something - Are there car guards in NZ that get agitated if you don't give them hard earned money for doing nothing for you?
Wife left job as estate agent because of how dangerous it became.
Daughter was mugged 3 houses from our gate and luckily got away without  her cell phone and purse. She was punched in the face and fell and had a few bruises and a blue face.
The company that I work for is exempt from load shedding for 6 months as it is a national keypoint, and we have to prove to the authorites that we save 10 % of electricity or else we will be part of the load shedding. Should this happen, we were already told and shown the figures - that the company will not be able to sustain itself. We implemented all sorts of initiatives but we cannot get to the saving of 10 %. So we are waiting and hoping.

So maybe you know where I can find another job if this happens. Maybe we can swop jobs - You take mine and I take yours in NZ.

So for you that want to return to the so called vaderland - good luck.

Africa is not for sissies - but we must be sissies then to be fed up with this rubbish.