Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: Help - Birthday Boy!!!!  (Read 2048 times)

Offline Blue

Help - Birthday Boy!!!!
« on: April 04, 2008, 09:00:20 am »
Like you all know by now, we will be arriving in Auckland 3 May. We will be staying in Torbay for 3 weeks where after we will settle, who know where :) Our 5 year old will be turning 6 in June. The problem is, he wants to have a birthday party. My DH is part of a very large family, so our little one is use to having all his nephews and nieces around most of the time. 

We want to know if there is any of you guys with children who will be willing to attend the birthday celebrations. I know that you are spreaded all over NZ. But those close by, will you please consider. We know it all depends on where we will be settling, but I hope that DH will find a job somewhere between Albany and Whangerai.

Will anybody be interested? We do not want presents, just children making him feel happy on his birthday :)

Offline paula

Re: Help - Birthday Boy!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 09:55:18 am »
we have a 2 and a bit year old... so if you are close (we will be in hamilton), not sure where albany is...  and you need more people (and she can be the equvilent of about 5) we could come!
and she does like parties... well sweets actually  :D

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 09:55:18 am »

Offline Didi77

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 10:23:20 am »
Hi Blue - depending on the date for the party perhaps I can come visit my sister in Torbay and join you - I have 2 x 5 year old and one 6 year old... (I stay approx 1 and 1/2 hour drive from auckland)

Any excuse to visit my sister  O0

Offline Blue

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 12:07:31 pm »
His birthday is on the 12th of June, so will make it for the 14th of June if it is suitable for you guys. Paula you and Didi will be welcomed with open arms and please do not leave the kids, no one of them, at home :clap: :clap: We can make arrangements to have it halfway between the places. I do not know the distance from Hamilton to Torbay. If anyone knows of a nice spot where we can have the "party" please tell us. Even the place where the last get together was held would be fine. I know NZ only by photos I have seen, so we are so open to suggestions.

Offline dance

• Certified Addict
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 05:46:01 am »
Blue that is such a great idea!! You are a superduper Mom.  O0
When life throws you a lemon - make lemonade!

Offline Eileen

• Certified Addict
  • Rotorua, New Zealand
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 05:14:33 am »
Hi there, Blue, I have 2 boys. One 5 yrs old, the other will be 7 just after your boy!

Will be able to tell you a little closer to the date if we will be able to come, but might be a good excuse to visit the other 'problem children' ( >:D  :whistle: ) in Auckland.

In the meantime, you can check into maybe having the party at Lollipops or Chipmunks. Great indoor venue (important for June)  for larger groups.

Offline Blue

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 08:33:15 am »
Thank you, you are all GREAT :clap: Will keep you posted. Will check out the venues and give confirmed place and time for the party closer to the date.

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 08:33:15 am »

Offline SaKiwiBoer

• Guru
  • We're in Tauranga.
    • Oosthuizen family in NZ
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 11:29:51 pm »
Hi there, Blue, I have 2 boys. Will be able to tell you a little closer to the date if we will be able to come, but might be a good excuse to visit the other 'problem children' ( >:D  :whistle: ) in Auckland.

O yes, not a bad idea, we know a few of those, don't we, those that our kids can't get enough of and which when we get in the car you can't hear a thing because your deaf because they made such a noise that your ears aren't the same afterwards, maybe we should re-think this..... :whistle: seriously  :o  :D
Cheers,  8) , SAKB.
21/03/2007-EOI submitted
18/07/2007-Selected from the Pool
07/03/2008-Receive ITA
15/05/2008-ITA Submitted-(hou duim vas)
11/12/2008-PR GRANTED-(thanx a lot!!!)

"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." (Benjamin Franklin)

Offline MJ

• Certified Addict
  • Cambridge
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2008, 11:48:41 pm »
Hi we will try come as well O0

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2008, 12:02:34 am »
wow, what a cool birthday - a whole bunch of new friends as your present O0

Offline Happy Expat

• Veteran
  • NZ, now Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2008, 12:23:45 am »
You get to meet and celebrate with your cyber family now ;) :clap: :clap:

Offline Blue

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2008, 10:39:05 am »
Yes, all new faces and friends. :D We will be needing that. At this point in time we are actually very excited but also VERY SAD. We are now in the process of "digging out our roots" here in SA and to take them to NZ and hopefully digging in our roots once there. VERY SAD PROCESS :'(

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2008, 10:39:05 am »

tandl

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2008, 11:11:56 am »
Blue, I think we all know exactly how you feel. Im starting to lose sleep about it.

Offline Cameleon

• Certified Addict
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2008, 11:24:43 am »
Hi Blue! You'll be on my doorstep. Torbay is just down the road from Albany. Make sure to come and say hello! I think my kids will be to "old" for your son's bday party. They are 10, 12 and 14. But we can visit another time.

Hey Mel, Nolan, you guys MUST be here by then, and then Candy can attend?!!!?  :whistle:

Offline Alta van zyl

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2008, 12:27:10 pm »
Hi Blue my children are also too old 9 and 12, but if you are in our area (howick) come and say hello, will see you at meetup if you can make it,