Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: Kindergarten teachers salary?  (Read 1150 times)

Offline LouiseS

Kindergarten teachers salary?
« on: April 09, 2008, 11:10:32 am »
Hi guys

Thanks for making me feel welcome. Does anybody know what qualified kindergarten teachers get paid in NZ? I've been searching but not really coming up with answers. I would love to hear from South African kindergarten teachers in NZ.

Thanks
Louise

Offline hadenough

• Certified Addict
Re: Kindergarten teachers salary?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 11:24:18 am »
Found this for you Louise.  I know it doesn't say anything about kindergarten here, but maybe on the individual sites it will... I haven't checked them.  Jaffa may also be able to help, he is a teacher too.  O0

Primary and secondary teachers in New Zealand have pay parity but their unions, the PPTA (Post Primary Teachers Association) and NZEI (New Zealand Educational Institute) negotiate separately with the government and at different times.
Both organizations have websites where you can check the latest salary information.

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 11:24:18 am »

Offline paula

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 01:02:25 pm »
hi, have a look on this website, you need to open the link eventually as a pdf, and then see if it makes sense to you!! (didn't really to me, cos my qual are a bit confusing) go to
www.minedu.govt.nz then go to the schools options, then collective agreements, then the kindy link. in that document it tells you salaries (at least i am assuming thats what they are) i stand to be corrected!! but i hope you make lots cos i looked at sending my child to play school and it is very expensive!! good luck