Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: Professional working moms  (Read 2579 times)

Offline Eileen

• Certified Addict
  • Rotorua, New Zealand
Re: Professional working moms
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2008, 04:27:09 am »
It's so nice to be in control of everything in and around my house!
Does that include your DH?!  >:D

Well, Wendy...... not sure if that can be done!!  :2funny:

Offline Caro

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2008, 10:06:14 am »
So au pairs are a no go ! So what do you all do with your children in the afternoons after school? :confused:

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2008, 10:06:14 am »

Offline Didi77

• Resident
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2008, 11:39:53 am »
We heard a story about a couple from SA who brought there domestic with them to OZ,     and after a couple of months she met an Aussie and married the guy.

Alta she married the chinese doctor next door and now waves at them in her merc every morning on her way to town.  :heeha:

Caro, you will make a plan, there is so much for the kids to do here. do not worry. they only come out of school at 15h00 anyway and then there is sport etc.... and you do not have to watch them all the time - they are save here and can walk home alone.... its amazing. Noty possible to understand in SA.

Offline Anchen

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2008, 12:00:08 pm »
Hi Just remember that it is illegal in NZ to let you child walk home to a house where there is no one waiting if they are under 14 years of age. The legal age for a child to be alone at home is 14 years. Although many people might do it, you can get in big trouble if someone finds out.

Almost all schools have some kind of after care program but that can also fill up quickly so you have to book in advance.

You do get full time or after school nannies here. Just do a search for Nannies in your area and there is a lot of agencies  Au pairs are also available but apparently, NZ is not the most popular country for them to come to so you have to make it worthwhile for them by paying their tickets etc. In addition, because they are live-in and most NZ houses do not have granny flats or staff courtiers they are not the best option.

Offline ANTONK

• Resident
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2008, 05:58:30 pm »
Hi Caro welcome to the family  :clap: and  :gl: - Nolan give her access to the Ladies Lounge  O0

Offline SaKiwiBoer

• Guru
  • We're in Tauranga.
    • Oosthuizen family in NZ
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2008, 06:14:06 pm »
It's so nice to be in control of everything in and around my house!

Does that include your DH?!  >:D

Well, Wendy...... not sure if that can be done!!  :2funny:

I am soooo glad some people are learning. Al is dit s t a d i g , maar gelukkig leer hulle. Dis tog vir my so verblydend!!!  ;)  Cheers,  8) , SAKB.
21/03/2007-EOI submitted
18/07/2007-Selected from the Pool
07/03/2008-Receive ITA
15/05/2008-ITA Submitted-(hou duim vas)
11/12/2008-PR GRANTED-(thanx a lot!!!)

"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." (Benjamin Franklin)

Offline Caro

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2008, 08:24:34 pm »
Thank you to you all ! Checked out the Nanny thing, looks good. Can't even contemplate the idea of kids walking in the street yet !  ;D

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2008, 08:24:34 pm »