Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: Just saying Hi  (Read 1877 times)

Offline El

Re: Just saying Hi
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2008, 07:30:13 pm »

[/quote]

Does these agencies that sort all the paper work worth the money spend?

Sorry lot of questions.
[/quote]

We have used an agency at a cost of almost R20,000  :'( All I can say is that happened before I found this site!!!!  Our agent is so busy that we can never get hold of her and when we do she doesn't remember who we are which is not great when to us this is a life changing decision. 
I personally think that you are really going to be able to do it yourself you can get any answers to difficult questions from people on this site or from Nolan. 

Offline ANTONK

• Resident
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2008, 07:43:32 pm »
EL - Just as you said it - Nolan is the BEST AGENT you could find and we are all LUCKY that he is on our web site  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2008, 07:43:32 pm »

Offline perasmu02

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2008, 06:45:48 am »
I agree, It would have been nice to have some sort of facility(website) to Rate the Agents in order to keep them on their toes. This will also give people to think about, before using a particular Agency. Taking into consideration how many agencies are active, it can work.
What do this forum community think about my suggestion ?

Offline Acid0

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2008, 01:42:46 pm »
Can anybody tell me then what the agencies are good for and what do they really do for all that kind of money. I know someone that paid nearly R45000 to take the family of four over.

Offline !!DV!!

• The Venter
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2008, 01:54:57 pm »
Attended a couple immigration seminars before I discovered SAgoingtoNZ and those guys are out to make money !!!

Offline Etresia

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2008, 02:05:18 pm »
we were quoted R 65 000.  for a family of 3.  This same agency is now also charging $15 to attend their introductory meetings. when we went in Feb 2008 it was for free.

They are supposed to advise and look at the best immigration route for each individual family.  They then fill out your forms, send them away and keep a tab on your immigration process for you.  Should something go wrong, they would sort it out. They also assist you once you arrive in your new country.

We have signed up  with Nolan as our agent, and its the best R 15 000 we've spent.  He is very efficient, gets back to you asap and his service is very personal and friendly. We feel much more secure with him onboard :smart:

Offline LimboCraft

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2008, 02:15:15 pm »
Wonder how many agents are snooping around here  :o
Done with SA

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2008, 02:15:15 pm »

Offline Etresia

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2008, 02:28:28 pm »
the same thought crossed my mind

Offline !!DV!!

• The Venter
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2008, 02:33:37 pm »
Wonder how many agents are snooping around here  :o

I attended one of there seminars as well , received a invite to one with the new $15 fee.

They are not doing it because they are good people, they do it for the money  :thumbdown:

Offline Etresia

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2008, 02:38:43 pm »
I think so too.  There is obiously a huge increase in the amount of people wanting to leave now and there must be vast amounts of people attending meetings, so they decided that this is yet another avenue that they can persue to make a quick buck :thumbdown: