Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: Howzit from Nolan in Gauteng  (Read 1678 times)

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
Howzit from Nolan in Gauteng
« on: October 19, 2006, 09:29:58 pm »
Kia Ora

I am a Gautenger hoping to immigrate to Kiwi country by 2007. Currently we are getting our documentation together for ITA so are hoping to be included in the next round of interviews (May 2007)

So far our immigration process has been a long winding one. Way back in 2001 when our daughter was born we realised that we need to make a plan. I looked at NZ and OZ, but our points were not enough at that stage. The idea ended on the backburner.

In 2003 I noticed that Canada would have us, not my first choice, but my only choice. So I started doing the research. The only problem was that my better half didn't want to go to CA. Eventually I noticed that NZ had adjusted their points so we qualified at last. So the research started all over again   :uglystupid2:

We then figured that we may as well share the info that we have built up over the years.

If we have helped even one other family to gain a better life / live their dream of moving to New Zealand, them we will view this site as a success.

Currently I am on the moderating team at SACanada.org and have been organising meetups for other SA'ns around Gauteng also in the process of moving to NZ.

I hope everybody gains lots of valuable info from the site and that their dreams come true in the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Cheers
Nolan
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 09:57:56 pm by Nolan59 »

tandl

Re: Howzit from Nolan in Gauteng
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 12:05:02 pm »
Hi there Nolan

We are from PE, and decided that we want to move to NZ in July. For various reasons - probably mostly becuase we dont feel safe or secure for the future here anymore.  We have basically just been doing some research up to a couple of weeks ago but we are now trying to get our EOI done so that we can be in before Wednesday's selection (might be wishful thinking...)

The site looks great, we were also thinking of creating one just for Saffers and you beat us to the punch!

Keep up the good work!
TandL

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 12:05:02 pm »

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 12:33:14 pm »
Hi guys welcome here

We put in our expression the night and the next morning were selected, so if you get it in you should be okay.

Oh well, now you guys can relax & let us do all the design work  :uglystupid2:
Must admit the eyes are square already.

If there are any features you would like us to add, just shout and we'll see what we can do.

Offline Les

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2006, 10:39:39 pm »
Hi

This is a very helpfull site, We have not submitted anything yet, but I am sure all the advise you have to offer will go a long way.

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2006, 10:42:00 pm »
Hi Les

Welcome to SA Going To NZ, glad you found us.

Please feel free to ask any questions, will try my best to answer them.

Where in SA are you guys?

Offline GeraldH

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 01:54:43 pm »
Hi Nolan

This is all very new to me as I am only starting on the reserch, would I try to Get a job offer before or after submitting EOI??

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 03:12:16 pm »
Gerald, it will do no harm to start looking for a job now already, you may just get lucky. Most firms however want you to be at least quite a way down the PR (Permanent Residence) route already as it shows them that you are commited to the move. Folks can and do however get jobs throught the process, so the sooner you start looking, the sooner you may get one and obviously, the sooner you can get to NZ.

HERE are some links to get you started. Good Luck.

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 03:12:16 pm »

Offline rocketscience

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2007, 07:04:38 pm »
Hi Nolan

My name is Clinto n Nel, I live in Gauteng and am planning on emigrating to nz. When are you guys meeting up again. I would like some advice on the move etc?

Regards,

Clinton

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2007, 07:11:55 pm »
Hi Clinton, welcome to the site. I arranged a meetup in Feb and will be in Durbs at one there in April, so probably only organise another one for Gauteng in May again.

If you browse around you will probably find that most of your questions are already answered on the site. Feel free to ask your unanswered questions on the forum.

Offline rocketscience

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2007, 07:26:56 pm »
Nolan, thanks for the prompt reply. One of my concerns is the cost of living in NZ. Is it high relative to salary? Also, do you know of anyone in the Marketing field who is there or planning on going there?

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2007, 08:59:52 pm »
Clinton you can go and look at THIS thread for a discussion on cost of living, then THIS page has many links which you can use to get an idea of prices in NZ.

Unfortunately, I personally don't know of any folks in the marketing field from SA in NZ