Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: Schalk Burger's sister gang raped  (Read 6417 times)

Offline Happy Expat

• Veteran
  • NZ, now Melbourne, Australia
Re: Schalk Burger's sister gang raped
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2008, 06:53:07 am »
As far back as you can go in history, humans have migrated for better lives. Even animals migrate and move on when there homes are no longer suitable. So why is it so wrong when we do it >:(

The Brits have it easy, yet they move. The kiwi's and Aussies all immigrate for whatever reason, but when we want to immigrate.....we're chicken, well...... Kluck, Kluck I'm a happy chicken :)

Offline Eileen

• Certified Addict
  • Rotorua, New Zealand
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2008, 07:44:27 am »
Totally agree with you Happy!!

...... Kluck, Kluck I'm a happy chicken :)
"Kluck, Kluck......" me too!  O0

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2008, 07:44:27 am »

Offline SaKiwiBoer

• Guru
  • We're in Tauranga.
    • Oosthuizen family in NZ
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2008, 08:03:10 am »
As far back as you can go in history, humans have migrated for better lives. Even animals migrate and move on when there homes are no longer suitable. So why is it so wrong when we do it >:(
The Brits have it easy, yet they move. The kiwi's and Aussies all immigrate for whatever reason, but when we want to immigrate.....we're chicken, well...... Kluck, Kluck I'm a happy chicken :)

If nobody ever migrated, the southern tip of Africa would not have been populated. Not by Blacks and not by Whites, either. The Blacks apparently came from the North to the South. The Whites moved from France, Holland, Belguim, England etc. If we were not allowed to bring our love for Biltong or Boerewors or anything else with to NZ, then South Africa should not have had it's stunning Wine industry today because the French should not have brought that with when they moved from France, or SA should not have their cheese industry because that came from the Dutch. Even Mrs Balls were on her way to NZ years ago, if her ship didn't have proplems and had to stop off in Africa for repairs. So why, if we cannot live in SA anymore for whatever reason, can't we bring with whatever we want to NZ? We all love something different from Africa and therefor we will all bring something different to NZ. Agian my 2c worth. Cheers, :confused: SAKB.
21/03/2007-EOI submitted
18/07/2007-Selected from the Pool
07/03/2008-Receive ITA
15/05/2008-ITA Submitted-(hou duim vas)
11/12/2008-PR GRANTED-(thanx a lot!!!)

"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." (Benjamin Franklin)

Offline Saturn_Moon

• Certified Addict
  • Auckland, New Zealand
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2008, 08:09:14 am »
Kluck kluck - I'm a very happy chicken and I don't care what anyone says.

I only ask for forgiveness from God cause he is the only one I will have to answer to one day.

Kluck kluck 

SaKiwiBoer - damn did you hit the nail on the head - and a bloody good point too.  O0
Thanks for that insight.

Offline Awa

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2008, 08:14:21 am »
I agree with Happy.  People have always migrated even in Biblical times.   The reason is normally seeking a better life.  As always some are called to stay and others are called to go.  You know where you fall in.  If you are meant to stay I believe that your conviction for that will be very strong.  I know people who have said that they will fight for SA untill the end.  I believe those people are called to stay.  
Arrive in NZ in August 2008
WP received October 2008
EOI submitted April 2010
ITA received April 2010
PR Application Submitted 07 July 2010
PR Approved 18 February 2011

Offline perasmu02

« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2008, 08:20:22 am »
I agree with you.
But also we have to accept the traditions of NZ. Don't try to change the NZ way to suit you.
You can introduce,but do not force. We should respect their ways and mingle.
If the kiwi's like our ways then we offer. They will decide and accept.
We are BoereKiwi's . SAKIWIBOERE . We will always be South African, but with a new spice of Kiwi.
Nothing wrong with that.

Offline jafa77

• Certified Addict
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2008, 08:48:00 am »
that sort of *** has been going around for years. Its all a massive guilt trip. Makes me  :censored: angry!!!!!

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2008, 08:48:00 am »

Offline Saturn_Moon

• Certified Addict
  • Auckland, New Zealand
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2008, 09:21:56 am »
Damn it!!! I knew e-mails couldn't be trusted!!!   :cursing:

I still stick by what I said but I hate e-mail correspondence like this because it almost always turns out to be a load of ***.  Oh well....