Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: Xenophobic attacks  (Read 3251 times)

Offline ANTONK

• Resident
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 07:42:16 am by ANTONK »

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
Re: Xenophobic attacks
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 09:48:05 am »
I say about time that our people start getting rid of all these immigrants that are stealing jobs, raping and pillaging like this O0

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 09:48:05 am »

Offline El

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 11:07:28 am »
What an awful thing to say!  Imagine the new zealand people started saying that about all the SAffers arriving in NZ? Never mind if they started attacking us in our make shift homes and beating us up and stealing our meagre possessions.  Not all the illegal immigrants are criminals.  Some should be classified as refugees and given jobs to start to contribute to the economy.

:(

Offline ANTONK

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 11:24:10 am »
El you get GOOD and BAD in the whole human race - but coming back to these Zim's, they are ILLEGALLY in the country and those who immigrate are doing it LEGALLY - Thats the difference  O0

Offline Etresia

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2008, 11:32:14 am »
It begs the sinister question: Why is it so easy to enter the country illegally?  :sneaky:

Offline Ryno

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2008, 12:14:20 pm »
The problem is much bigger than just those from Zim.  We have illegal immigrants from all over Africa, but let's stick to the Zim issue for a moment.  These people have no hope back home, they are fleeing a country where they are not allowed to oppose the government, and let's not get into all the other atrocities committed by Mugabe's regime.  (Thinking about it - not much different from us - we just have the means to get into another country legally)

Let's rather ask the question: "How we would expect to be treated if things had to get so bad that we had no choice but to flee in the middle of the night?  Flee with nothing but the clothes on our backs and some worthless Rands in our pockets.  Would we expect the country we slip into in the mito at least assist us while we apply for asylum?  Yes we would.

I agree that the situation is our of control and our border control is nothing but a farce... the problem however lies with our absolutely useless government who have been aware of the problems for years, but have spectacularly failed to make provision for these illegal aliens or to put a strategy in place to at least have some measure of control over the influx of people.

Finally! Crime is not an illegal immigrant thing.  It is a South African thing, and it will continue for as long as the ANC led government continue to ignore the realities of crime.

Offline Etresia

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2008, 12:30:58 pm »
I agree with helping those fleeing from atrocities. To help Zim refugees they should have put structures in place eg.  refugee camps etc up until such a time that those people could be assisted document wise.(obviously giving these people proper shelter, food etc) Keeping them away from the local pop. 

I have read of a lot of crime committed by illegal aliens.  We have enough crime already, we don't need the added xtra's.

The biggest problem is that our government is not transparent. With me govenment's attitude to these issues smacks of  hidden agendas.

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2008, 12:30:58 pm »

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2008, 03:14:27 pm »
Sorry guys, but I am convinced that the spiralling increase in the levels of crime in SA are directly proportional to the influx of illegal immigrants to SA. This is affecting everybody in SA and the govt clearly condones this invasion by for eg. using "quiet diplomacy" with Zim, etc. SA has it fully in it's power to change the political and crime situation on the ground, but they choose to say stuff like "SA'ns will need to learn to live with it" and "If you don't like it, get out". If this was not their attitude, most of us would not be leaving this country for safer pastures.

I don't know if the govt thought that everybody would just let these illegals blend in and let them do whatever they wanted?

If the govt doesn't want to take care of the problem, what the heck else must the folks on the ground do? Take them in and offer them lunch?

They would gladly do that if the illegals were not stealing and raping the country dry.

Offline SaKiwiBoer

• Guru
  • We're in Tauranga.
    • Oosthuizen family in NZ
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2008, 06:13:03 pm »
I do not agree with this, sorry. The SA'ns that attack the Zim's are plainly scared of them. Why?
I will tell you why. When I'm finished you can stone me to death if you want and even that will not change my mind. The SA okies are to scared to work or just lazy. The Zim guys come in and because they are in need of money will do anything for it. I used to own a plot just outside of our dearest JHB.
I hate it if I tell you to do something and by the time I get back your not finished or far from it. So my staff turnover were fast and furious. At the same time I noticed my neighbour had no staff turnover at all, so I asked him what I did wrong and if I maybe did not pay enough. He laughed at me and told me it's because I employ SA'ns.  :o I could get a Zim for the same money and be as happy as a pig in Palestine. I then did and sure as nuts, no more troubles. I fact this guy nearly became a member of my family if our dearest Police didn't deport him.  :'( , Cheers SAKB
21/03/2007-EOI submitted
18/07/2007-Selected from the Pool
07/03/2008-Receive ITA
15/05/2008-ITA Submitted-(hou duim vas)
11/12/2008-PR GRANTED-(thanx a lot!!!)

"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." (Benjamin Franklin)

Offline Ryno

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2008, 06:32:10 pm »
I know several people who have employed Zimbabweans (legally).  Their work ethic is unbelievable.  I then saw the same thing in Zim in December.  In Vic Falls there were hardly beggars but everyone is trying to sell something... and boy do they redefine "hard selling". 

This is so different from the "hand our for charity" culture in SA.   Have to agree with SAKB, our outjies are scared of the Zimmies.

Offline Etresia

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2008, 06:55:46 pm »
SAKB, that is a valid statement. Now that you mention it, have heard of similar incidents in restaurants(JHB) where owners only employ Zim people due to work ethic.

Offline ANTONK

• Resident
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2008, 07:06:03 pm »
In the whole human kind lifestyle you get hard workers and those who are lazy  :idiot2:

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2008, 07:06:03 pm »

Offline SaKiwiBoer

• Guru
  • We're in Tauranga.
    • Oosthuizen family in NZ
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2008, 07:22:17 pm »
I just think the SA oukies have this Apartheid mentality, eish you owe me. And the Zim okies have gone past that and realise that nobody owes them nothing and they are responsible for their own future and in Zim there is NO future and SA have got the jobs and the SA's doesn't want to work so they will do the work. Period. Just the way I see things. Cheers,  8) SAKB.
21/03/2007-EOI submitted
18/07/2007-Selected from the Pool
07/03/2008-Receive ITA
15/05/2008-ITA Submitted-(hou duim vas)
11/12/2008-PR GRANTED-(thanx a lot!!!)

"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." (Benjamin Franklin)

Offline Ryno

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2008, 07:24:58 pm »
Anton K - I agree 100% with you - the choice in work ethic is essentially available to everyone, everywhere.  Not for one moment do I think that all Zimbabweans are hard workers, just as not every Zimbabwean fleeing from their madman president is a criminal...

Offline Saturn_Moon

• Certified Addict
  • Auckland, New Zealand
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2008, 06:56:23 am »
I just think the SA oukies have this Apartheid mentality, eish you owe me. And the Zim okies have gone past that and realise that nobody owes them nothing and they are responsible for their own future and in Zim there is NO future and SA have got the jobs and the SA's doesn't want to work so they will do the work. Period. Just the way I see things. Cheers,  8) SAKB.

SAKB, I couldn't have said it better. I will be standing next to you if anyone wants to throw any stones.  ;)