Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: Xenophobic attacks  (Read 3252 times)

Offline Meike

Re: Xenophobic attacks
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2008, 09:55:25 am »
Saw today that this topic even has it's own Wikipedia page now.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_South_Africa_riots
Jan 2014 - Applying for jobs
12 Feb - collect passport
24 Feb - police clearance arrived
26 Feb - Job Offer
1 Mar - XRays/bloodwork
6 Mar - Medicals
10 Mar - Visa Applications sent
27 Mar - VISAs APPROVED
1 Apr - Passports and Visa's arrived
14 Apr - Arrived Auckland

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2008, 11:43:21 am »
this does seem to be getting way out of hand now :(

It is one thing chasing illegals home, it is another when they start setting people alight  :nono:

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2008, 11:43:21 am »

Offline sandyb

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2008, 11:55:26 am »
SAKB - Stem 100% saam. Ek's geen politikus nie, maar wat nou aan die gebeur is is onmenslik, maak nie saak wat die beweegrede is nie.  Baie van die Zim mense het gevlug want hulle het gevoel hulle het geen alternatief nie, as/wanneer dinge in SA so erg raak hoeveel van ons sal nie dieselfde doen as ons kan nie?  Die probleem bly by die regering en dis HULLE wat aangevat moet word, hulle kan nou nie eens die situasie red nie. 

There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Offline ScillaGP

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2008, 01:59:11 pm »
At the end of the day it is barbaric, remember they attacking SA as well and soon it will spill into the suburbs. If a Zim comes here with R100 and starts selling fruit then why not! SA have the very same opurtunity but alas are too lazy. We must not forget human dignity. It saddens me that we can even consider condoning this. We have our own murderers and rapists, so we cannot just blame the foreigners. It is a sad :'( situation. SAKB I agree with you.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 02:04:02 pm by ScillaGP »

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2008, 02:26:51 pm »
don't get me wrong : I in now way condone the way in which the residents are butchering the illegals, that is barbaric to say the least. There is no need to kill or butcher anybody in the way they are doing it now. I do however still feel strongly that the illegals need to get out of the country and that they are the biggest contributing factor to the crime wave that is ravaging our country. This is an issue that govt has turned a blind eye to and now it is blowing up in their face. They should never have opened up the borders in the first place.

If they wanted to accept folks from places like Zim, which I have no problem with them doing, then they should have done it in an orderly fashion by setting up refugee camps and getting the required international aid to come and help them.

If govt had actually done it's job to stand up to tyrants like Bob in the first place, there would be no situation here in SA now. What is happening now just shows how little govt realised how unhappy the black population is / was about the open border policy. Now it has boiled over to a point where there is little they can do to stop the bloodbath.

I fear the govt's next step in this saga

Offline ScillaGP

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2008, 03:19:24 pm »
True Nolan.
I think they need to get Zuma out there to speak to the people - They won't listen to our current president. And the people comiting these heinous  acts do not read newspapers or watch TV. Someone has to be at ground level.
It sort of too late now. Closing the gate after the horse has bolted, I just feel sorry for the inocent people caught in the middle.

Offline norman

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2008, 05:00:46 pm »
Have I missed it, or has Zuma been very quiet through all of this

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2008, 05:00:46 pm »

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2008, 07:17:06 pm »
He is on private business in the UK according to tonights news.

Offline SaKiwiBoer

• Guru
  • We're in Tauranga.
    • Oosthuizen family in NZ
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2008, 07:37:49 pm »
don't get me wrong: I in no way condone the way in which the residents are butchering the illegals, that is barbaric to say the least. There is no need to kill or butcher anybody in the way they are doing it now. I do however still feel strongly that the illegals need to get out of the country and that they are the biggest contributing factor to the crime wave that is ravaging our country. This is an issue that govt has turned a blind eye to and now it is blowing up in their face. They should never have opened up the borders in the first place.

If they wanted to accept folks from places like Zim, which I have no problem with them doing, then they should have done it in an orderly fashion by setting up refugee camps and getting the required international aid to come and help them.

If govt had actually done it's job to stand up to tyrants like Bob in the first place, there would be no situation here in SA now. What is happening now just shows how little govt realised how unhappy the black population is / was about the open border policy. Now it has boiled over to a point where there is little they can do to stop the bloodbath.

I fear the govt's next step in this saga

Sorry Nolan, I cannot agree with everything your saying. I agree it should have been handled differently, but that is the SA government and who can blame them, they are a bunch of wimps that are looking after their own pockets and have that ostrich mentallity of not seeing anything, which means its not there, and that is helping a lot at present. What I don't agree with is the part in bold. They are not "the biggest contributing factor to the crime wave that is ravaging our country." The ANC and it's "MK" are the biggest contributing factor. The MK have been the ones that have done the Fidelity jobs and the bank jobs. They have been busy stashing money for the govt. The rest is a different group that have been busy de-stabillising the rest of the country in a ZIM style. It is not to say it's the ZIM okies in SA, it is actually the BOB style of doing things. Sorry this is my view point, again. Maybe I just see things differently.

Thanks Saturn_Moon, sandyb and ScillaGP. It's just the way I see things. Sorry guys. SAKB.
21/03/2007-EOI submitted
18/07/2007-Selected from the Pool
07/03/2008-Receive ITA
15/05/2008-ITA Submitted-(hou duim vas)
11/12/2008-PR GRANTED-(thanx a lot!!!)

"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." (Benjamin Franklin)

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2008, 07:52:31 pm »
SAKB no problem with differing from my point of view mate O0

I chat from my point of view and experiences, so it will obviously differ from others - the guys doing the killing now are definately MK members because they are constantly saying on the TV about how well organised these attacks are. They actually showed on the news tonight how some were blocking off streets, others were sent to search the shacks and houses, etc.

Somehow there seems to more to this than just xenophobia and criminal elements, it is too well organised to be sporadic.

Offline perasmu02

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2008, 08:07:44 am »
Once again,
We are in the  :censored: hole. I agree SAKB, If goverment did their job the foreigners would not be here. There is a much bigger plan for SA that we cannot apprehend. Will it succeed - NO - look at Zim and all the other African countries. There is Good Black people in SA, But they are even a far more smaller minority than all the White people.
On my trip to the USA, in a Big Supermarket, while I spoke to my uncle the Black Security Guy at the door stopped me and said " Sir, I am sorry but you can not exit the shop right now. You will have to be strip searched" . What the hell. After seeing my face he quickly responded " Ek maak sommer n grappie" We ended up talking about 20min in Afrikaans     :confused:, he immigrated from SA and said he was gatvol for the government and crime.
Small world  !!

This is the TRUTH.

Offline PMDENEKE

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2008, 10:23:12 am »
 ;D HOW DID THE BACK SECURITY GUARD GET INTO THE USA I WONDER
expect good things

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2008, 10:23:12 am »

Offline hadenough

• Certified Addict
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2008, 05:51:45 pm »
 :2funny: Your face must've been a picture!

Offline ANTONK

• Resident
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2008, 06:02:22 pm »
 :2funny:  :2funny:

Offline Eileen

• Certified Addict
  • Rotorua, New Zealand
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2008, 08:01:21 pm »
 :2funny: