Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: Hi Ya'll on this Feb 12  (Read 1407 times)

Offline zatexnz

• Wizard
  • Hamilton, NZ
    • Colorific Photography
Hi Ya'll on this Feb 12
« on: February 12, 2007, 08:29:56 pm »
See there's a bunch of us online!  How is everything going on your end?
lekker sweet as, y'all
~ Colleen

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
Re: Hi Ya'll on this Feb 12
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 10:18:41 pm »
Doing pretty good from my side. Getting some personal research done tonight re where to stay, etc.

Hope you guys are all fine and patient  ;) there in cowboy country.

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 10:18:41 pm »

Offline zatexnz

• Wizard
  • Hamilton, NZ
    • Colorific Photography
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 12:03:29 am »
patience?  PATIENCE????   You want me to have PATIENCE?  hahahahahaa

Yeah... we're waiting patiently.... tomorrow night hopefully we'll know, or at least by Wednesday morning our time, we should hopefully know whether our EOI's were picked... then we can start counting the weeks to ITA... The minute we know, I'll kick off the translation for the curriculum...  And I'll schedule the dreaded Medicals...  :P
In the mean time I've packed just one box of books.  Haven't had the heart to do any more... 

Our van is in for repairs to the passenger side window, so I had one of the other parents bring my kids home from school.  When she came here, she said, gee you guys have a neat home (neat as in nice, not as in tidy - cos it's in major mess right now).  So I told her it will be for sale soon, and why.  Seemed they might be interested...  then I asked her if she knew of anybody who may want an adult kitty, and she took a look at Misty and said she'd ask her husband, they might be interested!  YAY!  I'd be so much happier knowing where Misty goes, than to just a stranger.  Who knows, maybe they'll be interested in the house too!  Then Misty doesn't even have to move!

So we have somebody interested in the cat, and a friend up in Dallas has already said they're interested in the van when we leave!  Now I need a YAY smilie  8)
lekker sweet as, y'all
~ Colleen

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 07:24:20 am »
Sounds promising, we also have possible buyers for our house, but it is the businesses that we are worried about. How we are going to sell the house and two businesses at the same time is going to be a logistical nightmare.  :o

Offline zatexnz

• Wizard
  • Hamilton, NZ
    • Colorific Photography
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 05:55:31 pm »
Nolan, if the one business is webdesign, why sell it?  Why not keep it and do it from NZ?  Of het ek nou die kat by die stert beet?   
lekker sweet as, y'all
~ Colleen

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 06:52:10 pm »
Colleen, we did consider that as our business generates a residual income from the monthly hosting which would come in handy in NZ, but the problem is that customers like to come and see you. This would become impossible. Also when a customer doesn't pay you, it becomes almost impossible to do debt collecting. Then, the customers would pay us in SA, so we would need to get that money out every month, that is not going to be easy as we intend to officially emmigrate. Lastly, the bulk of cash we would get from selling the business is worth more now to get us settled in NZ seeing as everything is divide by 5.

We will obviously start up a fresh web design business in NZ.