Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: A change of scene  (Read 787 times)

Offline ildif

A change of scene
« on: February 20, 2007, 09:35:39 pm »
Hi

I'm a newbie and have recently submitted my EOI...so the wait begins.

My reasons for the decision to move were a combination of factors: somewhat impulsive, somewhat crazy, most likely had something to do with the fact that I just turned 33, still had no husband and the 2.4 kids and the cherry on the cake I have the somewhat frustrating task of being employed by the national department of health and am slowly being strangled by the red tape.

So here I sit...playing the waiting game, thinking about the fork in the road that lies before me and feeling somewhat apprehensive yet strangely excited.

Anyhow...I must say I find all the information on the site to be most useful, though I somewhat fainted when I read that it costs about R25000 per dog to come over with me. I have 7 dogs (I know, I know but I wanted to break the mold of all single gals being considered cat ladies!)....and think I should start strategising and start playing the lotto fairly seriously now. :o

Have fun people!

Ildi
 :D

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
Re: A change of scene
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 09:50:23 pm »
Howzit Ildi, welcome here.

Not to worry about the age thing, it just gets worse  ;)

The dogs though is a different story, I would rather buy two tickets instead of one from now on.  ???

Anyway, we are here to help shorten the wait. If you have any questions or just want to chat, go right ahead.  :)

Cheers
Nolan

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 09:50:23 pm »

Offline zatexnz

• Wizard
  • Hamilton, NZ
    • Colorific Photography
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 04:02:33 am »
A warm welcome to you, Ildi!  Good for you breaking out of the rut and submitting your EOI!  May it all work out well for you!  It's really hard to know that our pets cost SO much to take over.  I'm having to leave my kitty behind for various reasons (none of which are health issues!)

lekker sweet as, y'all
~ Colleen