Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: Bit Miffed...  (Read 1795 times)

Offline TheRindels

Bit Miffed...
« on: July 19, 2008, 02:50:24 am »
Hey Nolan

I am busy rummaging around member stats, etc and wondering why I'm still stuck on 'arbitrary member status'... Then I realised that everything is based on number of posts. What about those of us that put a lot of time and effort into individual posts (as opposed to filling up the thread will hello's and good luck's - not that that's not welcomed).

Can we not also have a counter for number of words - or something similar (that gives an indication of how much is posted, as opposed to how often)?

Also while I can honour your need to 'pay the bills', I think you should re-consider your 'free access' policy wrt those of us already settled in NZ. Surely the attraction of this site is to get advice - best provided by those that have made the journey. Not that I begrudge you the money, it's just that there is no incentive for us (already here) to now pay simply to give newcomers advice.

Bit of a catch twenty-two I suppose - still my two cents worth. Now that the site is becoming more service orientated I thought you might be interested in some constructive comments.

Cheers
 - Greg

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
Re: Bit Miffed...
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 06:17:09 am »
Hi Greg. The stats are unfortunately a function of the software, so not much I can do about that.

Those that have PR have the option of joining the Buddy system for 6 months for free if they want to continue helping the folks still busy with their applications, otherwise they can still help with all the rest.

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 06:17:09 am »

Offline TheRindels

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 02:04:20 am »
Thx Nolan - cudos to you for the work though (I don't want to sound unapreciative for the outstanding job that you are doing)  O0 Didn't know about the joining for free bit.

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008, 07:00:03 am »
O0

Offline Didi77

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2008, 07:58:57 am »
Hi Greg - we all know who does the hard work and gives the good advice   ;) O0 - don't let the stats bug you too much - it's just that: numbers. It's the advice, the emotional support and the hartfelt support that counts in the end!  :)

Offline noodles mom

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2008, 11:56:56 am »
i absolutely agree with Didi - 100%  - arbitrary posts just add up the numbers but real advice which is good and helpful counts for much more !!!

EOI submitted 14 Jan 2009
EOI selected 14 Jan 2009
ITA received 27 Mar 2009
ITA submitted 20 Jul 2009
PR APPROVED 2 Feb 2010

Offline ANTONK

• Resident
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2008, 03:29:16 pm »
Ditto Didi  O0

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2008, 03:29:16 pm »

Offline Didi77

• Resident
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2008, 01:01:39 am »
 O0 thats another one for me  ;D

Offline TheRindels

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2008, 03:38:29 am »
Heeha - let me try this trick - where's my automated posting script :2funny: ::) :-X