Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: Why I'm going  (Read 773 times)

Offline aKuma

• All Blacks!
Why I'm going
« on: August 07, 2008, 06:52:11 pm »
guess its pretty simple. not gonna sit around waiting for something to happen. sounds very cynical, i know, but i'd rather be proactive. I live in a fairly nice area close to Cape Town CBD. An area I could walk around any time of the night or day, it was that safe. Now car break-ins are the order of the day, or your car gets towed away, and the odd robberies very early in the morning when you're waiting for a taxi. not very often, but hey its happening.  :knuppel2:

while the government posts crime stats, the one thing which did seem true a 'migration' trend. Certain crimes were on the decrease in places like JHB, KZN (yeah right), but CPT/WC is on the up. As you probably know Capetonians aren't as aware as people from jhb  :blush: so guess that makes us easy targets.

Of course, theres government, loss of confidence in police - metro police shooting at SAPS at a strike , corruption in all spheres of government, corruption in the police - why do a lot of crimes have involvement of corrupt police officials? Zuma followers threating to run riot if he is prosecuted, there is so much, but this is just what im thinking at this moment. hate driving on congested potholed roads whenever i do drive (which is not very often) and playing dodge the potholes is just not cool. end vent  :blush:

i have a daughter on the way and it would be great to raise her in a place where i don't constantly have to be looking over my shoulder, always aware of people etc. Plus i'd be a bit closer to japan  8) and get to watch the all blacks a bit more often  :clap: BIG PLUS  :heeha:

Offline cumming

Re: Why I'm going
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 07:08:24 pm »
Hi aKuma, welcome to the site. I could not agree with you more, things are getting worse and I am already looking over my shoulder and stressing every day wondering if my son will get home in one piece. He was robbed at gunpoint for his phone and wallet a week ago. We are in the process of sending in our EOI and then we will leave without even looking back.

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

Re: Why I'm going
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 07:08:24 pm »