Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: At last someone tells it like it is !!  (Read 2901 times)

Offline Parra

Re: At last someone tells it like it is !!
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2008, 07:15:58 pm »
My Dad always says " If you do not want to talk *** rather talk about something else than  Religion, Politics and the Weather"

I'l stick to that for now

Offline PMDENEKE

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2008, 11:33:01 pm »
 :heeha:this discussion was fun
expect good things

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2008, 11:33:01 pm »

Offline Saturn_Moon

• Certified Addict
  • Auckland, New Zealand
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2008, 05:21:05 am »
 :blush: I'll do my best to do that same too from now on. Talk about religion if someone else wants to talk about it but certainly not debate it.

:blush:

Offline itbjcm

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2008, 06:09:58 am »
Ditto

Offline soniag

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2008, 08:39:00 am »
Yip I too agree...there are way too many views out there to discus rel. and pol.   

Lets all stay friends and talk about our frustrations with the consumer race...hehehe >:D :2funny:
You cannot control what life brings your way. But what you do with it is up to you.

Offline norman

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2008, 06:41:27 am »
My oh My, that is almost the same story I give to the poor souls who sit outside my local supermarket raising money for the poor children of Africa.
Notice I call them poor souls - for they know no better of what happens in Africa and are even blinder to the fact that possibly only 5 cents of each dollar may reach a child whilst the leaders of Africa have billions. And when I walk away I know that I am called all the worst names under the sun, but little do they know, I cry for Africa every day.

Offline Hopeful

• Auckland, NZ
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2008, 02:07:45 pm »
This journalist makes some interesting points. I agree with a lot of what he says, but something makes me sad. Natural selection is there for a reason, but we humans (some of us) have a conscience and that's what makes a difference. If we took natural selection as an absolute, where would we draw the line? If your child had liver disease where only a liver transplant would save him - would you let natural selection run it's course? I don't think so.

Civilised people have compassion for each other. That's why I donate blood and will be an organ donor if I can after my death. That's the difference between civilised and uncivilised human beings. People in 3rd world African countries are mostly uncivilised. They do not have compassion for one another - remember what happened in Rwanda. Barbaric.

Yes, AIDS can be seen as being great for 'culling' some populations, but have any of you ever seen a baby dying of AIDS? If you had, you wouldn't be so happy about it - if you have a conscience. Again, the compassion taking over. Some people deserve to get AIDS - some kind of justice. But then they pass it on to their innocent wives, who in turn pass it on to their kids.

Unfortunately, there's no quick fix for the starving millions in Africa. I also don't believe in giving money which will probably end up in some dictator's pocket. Africa should be left to fend for itself, but I can't be happy knowing that my next door neighbour's children are starving and dying. It's the reality, but it's not nice. That's my conscience taking over, which is something that I'm glad I have.

I don't know what the solution is - it's a question of logic versus compassion. The situation can't go on like it is - but maybe we must do what Mugabe (sure he has syphilis in his brain) says and keep our noses out. Let Brown keep his England, blah blah. After all , what do the UK and USA know about having a strong economy???  :D

Thanks for listening.  :)

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2008, 02:07:45 pm »

Offline soniag

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2008, 03:40:58 pm »
Well that's just the thing that grates me about people asking money for things like these...they play on your concience and many people give not because they really feel to do so, but because there has been some or other advert or person playing them.

Yes I do have compassion and yes I do feel sorry for babies dying...but I will not let my good nature be taken advantage off.  I'm rather sick of the gimme attitude of Africa rather than lets try and do something to help ourselfs. 

They do not even have compassion for one another, so why does the white man always have to be made to feel responsible?

Ranted a bit but i'm really "gatvol" for that pathetic cant help myself thing.  They dont want us here in Africa, but our money is very welcome?

My logic just comes into play here, and I will not be taken advantage of any furter.  Only 20% of what is given really reaches the people that needs it...The rest goes to pay salaries etc...  So how does that makes sence?

:tickedoff:
You cannot control what life brings your way. But what you do with it is up to you.

Offline ScillaGP

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2008, 08:43:51 pm »
DITTO - Soniag

Offline Smallfly

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2008, 05:41:56 am »
To use the words of a BLACK man, Martin Luther King :

"iff you give a man a fish,you have fed him for a day,

iff you teach him to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"

Now after three hundred years of teaching,

the buggers still don't fish,

because the first world keeps throwing fish at them !!
Never look down upon someone, unless you are helping him up.

Offline Parra

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2008, 08:34:43 am »
Charity starts at home!!!

If they can spend billions on our (non existing defence force) arms deals and miljons on court cases, private jets, and sports deals, .... Why not rather spend it on the "needy poor souls"? :tickedoff:

thats just my 2c worth

So if SA goverment dont want to spend it where it should be spent... why should I ?

Offline soniag

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2008, 04:23:16 pm »
Presies nes jy daar se Parra...ons betaal nie bloed en sweet aan belasting dat een of ander moegoe hoogop 'n lekker lewe kan he nie!!!

Ons betaal mos sodat dit vir sosiale behoeftes ook gebruik kan word?  shees....

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2008, 04:23:16 pm »

Offline frikfourie

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2008, 07:46:59 pm »
But the thing is - if you stop natural selection from weeding out the weak and the insane etc - you get baby rapists and old people rapists and insanity traits that continues and just get stronger as the generations go by - in the end this will lead to total anarchy!! If you and you WHOLE country can not feed yourself - then you must perish according to natural selection... which of course gets thwarted by the UN feeding programs etc. Geesh, I'll sommer emmigrate!! :D

Offline soniag

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2008, 08:49:34 am »
http://Geesh, I'll sommer emmigrate!!  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Ja,,,ek dink ek ook... ;D