Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: Have a nice Monday (Mar 5)  (Read 1768 times)

Offline zatexnz

• Wizard
  • Hamilton, NZ
    • Colorific Photography
Have a nice Monday (Mar 5)
« on: March 05, 2007, 07:02:57 am »
Just turned Monday for us, so I better get into bed.  You guys are just starting your day there and Happy is probably having dinner already.
Have a great week everybody!  Hope your monday isn't blue!
lekker sweet as, y'all
~ Colleen

Offline Happy Expat

• Veteran
  • NZ, now Melbourne, Australia
Re: Have a nice Monday (Mar 5)
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 07:13:52 am »
He-he! I was wondering what sort of time zone you run on today???? I had a very good day and supper, Thanks! ;)
Sleep well!!

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 07:13:52 am »

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 09:52:46 am »
Same from our side, make it a good one. Hopefully we get our GPS today  ::)

Offline zatexnz

• Wizard
  • Hamilton, NZ
    • Colorific Photography
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 03:36:36 pm »
So it's 4:30pm in SA, Nolan did it arrive yet?
My day has started officially.  I got the kids off to school and now I'm awaiting a guy from church who is a good woodman, to come and measure our mantlepiece above the fireplace.  He's going to make a new one to fit over the old one, which is currently just  a plain block of wood sticking out of the wall.  We need something to make it look more modern and fit in with the rest of the upgrades we made over the past 6 years.  This will help make it look nicer for when we put the house on the market in a month's time.  Wish I'd done this years ago though, so we could enjoy it ourselves!
lekker sweet as, y'all
~ Colleen

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 03:58:02 pm »
No GPS  :'(  :tickedoff: yet.

We are also having a new kitchen installed and various other nice improvements to increase the selling price and will have limited use / pleasure out of them  :o. What can you do  :crazy2:

Offline zatexnz

• Wizard
  • Hamilton, NZ
    • Colorific Photography
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 06:02:02 pm »
Back in 2001, we considered moving to a different house, but knew that the house we were living in, needed desperate work on to make it sellable.  I said there's no way I'm fixing just to sell, then we might as well fix to live in.  Which is what we did.  We remodelled the whole kitchen, livingroom & Diningroom got new wall paint and tiles instead of carpet.  We remodelled the bathrooms a year or so later, then replaced the carpets in the bedroom area.  A year later we resided the house (yip with wooden frame houses, it's a whole new ballgame!), built a new deck out the back, and then another year later we replaced all the windows to be this double-pane stuff that keeps the unwanted temps out.  Last year we put up a new fence all around the house, and had to replace the aircon unit outside, as well as the hot-water heater (geyser).  But at least we've enjoyed all the upgrades.  The only two we're doing now, is fixing up the mantlepiece (about $100), and putting in a decent garden in the front for "curb appeal".  And we need to repaint the bedroom trimming because other people won't like my colors! ::)  oopss.... I better get used to spelling it colours again!  :D
lekker sweet as, y'all
~ Colleen

Offline zatexnz

• Wizard
  • Hamilton, NZ
    • Colorific Photography
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 06:02:51 pm »
Our kitchen cost us $20 000 at the time... hope yours is not so much of a redo as ours was!
lekker sweet as, y'all
~ Colleen

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 06:02:51 pm »

Offline MJ

• Certified Addict
  • Cambridge
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2007, 08:07:40 pm »
Hi Guys
We jsut spent the enitre day putting new counter tops on in our kitchen, glad its over!!
We bought our house only six months ago (funny how your life changes direction in such a short time) so we have not had much time to do the upgrades we evisaged when we bought, also the rising bond rates have been playing havoc with the budget.  A few more touches here and there and hopefully we will sell soon. First show day on Sunday so hold thumbs please!!! :)

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2007, 09:05:12 pm »
Luckily our kitchen as pretty tiny so a complete new kitchen is only costing around R30 000, top to bottom.

We also had huge plans for the house, but they will now have to roll over to the next house.

We'll hold thumbs for you Michelle. If you get it sold quickly then we'll have to find another venue for our meetup in April though  ::)

Offline MJ

• Certified Addict
  • Cambridge
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2007, 09:09:11 pm »
Ha ha - I will try put the moving date to as late as possible as I only want to move once - you have no idea how many times we have moved !!!
I am sure even if we sell quickly that we will still be there in April - might have to change the bring and braai to bring a box and pack  ;D

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2007, 09:33:30 pm »
Eish, I'm supposed to be on holiday then  ;)

Offline zatexnz

• Wizard
  • Hamilton, NZ
    • Colorific Photography
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2007, 10:07:32 pm »
count it as practise, Nolan!  ;D
lekker sweet as, y'all
~ Colleen

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2007, 10:07:32 pm »