Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: Wanna go asap asap asap asap..the right way though.  (Read 1820 times)

Offline kbhitchcock

Wanna go asap asap asap asap..the right way though.
« on: September 17, 2008, 11:01:39 am »
I have made up my mind already.  I have been doing a lot of research on getting to NZ.  my money is limited though and can't afford to make any mistakes.  I almost went the cowboy way, but changed my mind and decided to do a little more research on getting there and staying there.  I have 2 kids and wanna make this work.

I have a lot of work experience and I have a 4 month Diploma from Damelin. 

I have discovered that if not the cowboy way then the best other way is to get my hands on a work permit, but I am not sure who to speak to to apply for one?

Regards,

Offline ANTONK

• Resident
Re: Wanna go asap asap asap asap..the right way though.
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 05:34:44 pm »
Hi kbhitchcock welcome to the family  :clap: and GOOD CHOICE to some more homework as immigrating is not for everybody  :gl: and keep us posted  O0

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 05:34:44 pm »

Offline johanpet1

• Amanzimtoti (SA)
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 08:59:47 pm »
 :gl: :gl:

Offline aniena

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 10:03:54 pm »
Hi

What is your occupation? and how many years of work experience? How old are you? Your wife, her qualification and experience?

Please start reading - go to the search part of this forum and try to see if you can find anything related to work visa.

Go to the immigration web site www.immigration.govt.nz and see if you can find your occupation in any of the groups - and read up on it so see if you'll be able to get a work visa.

If not - then you'll have to start working on another route, to get to nz.

Regards

Aniena

Offline kbhitchcock

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 09:52:56 am »
Hello...Hello....I must say....before I carry on with some more looking around this website.  I just want to say.....Well done to all the people that have made this website what it is.   I have this overwhelming feeling of friendliness and compassion from all.

Thank you soooo much for your very warm welcome.  I watched a movie called "Pay it forward"  I am sure you all know about it..  Jodie Foster.  Truthfully....I am a firm believer of this..As I say...Treat others....how you would like to be treated. 

Thank you Thank you

Offline kbhitchcock

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 10:07:24 am »
Hello again, 

I am Female (27yrs old).  I am a single mother with 2 daughters 5 & 6 years old.  I am currently unemployed at the moment and battling to find a job.  I have been working since 1999 in mostly sales and Office admin.  My last occupation was as an Sales Admin supervisor at a Cable Manufacturing company in Durban.  I have a Diploma as a Professional receptionist & Personal Assistant.  I am in a very healthy condition and so are my kids. 

I have spoken to my ex. and father of my kids....He is very keen to do this with us.  He is 32 this month and is currently working as an electrical apprentice.  Also in good health.  I have a passport and have applied for passports for both kids and their father.  We have also applied for unabridged birth certificates.  We have letters from our schools stating that we were taught in English and are in the process of getting together as many work references as possible. 

None of us have ever been convicted of any crimes...that sounds funny...We are good law abiding citizens.  Incase anyone wanted to know. Thanks for the advice on the work visas.  I will check that out asap.  What are the other ways?????

Offline kbhitchcock

My Reasons for wanting to leave
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 10:38:29 am »
My kids are my biggest reason for wanting to leave.  I love SA but honestly don't see a future for them here.  I myself am also battling to make a living for myself here.  I am finding myself between a rock and hard place.  I want to study further...but can't due to the very expensive rate of living here.  I truly believe that my talents are being wasted here.  I am not a rocket scientist but I have a lot to offer in terms of experience, personality, morals. etc etc etc. 

I have a little money stashed and want to put it to good use.  when I looked around I realised that it would go to waste here.  I would rather put the little that I have into my and my childrens futures.  I have spoken t a few friends already over their who are well aware of the situation SA and they have said that I should seriously consider moving over there. 

The way I see it.....If I can't make it happen and I get their and get sent back after 3 months then hay.....at least I got to go an awsome holiday..in a beautiful country like NZ.

::)  ;)

My Reasons for wanting to leave
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 10:38:29 am »

Offline paula

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2008, 10:35:36 pm »

I have a little money stashed and want to put it to good use.

The way I see it.....If I can't make it happen and I get their and get sent back after 3 months then hay.....at least I got to go an awsome holiday..in a beautiful country like NZ.

::)  ;)

hmm... have a read of the cowboy style posts and the post on regrets about immigrating (a bit controversial but does give you some stuff to think about). if you sell up in sa and get sent back you will have lost most of your money, so albeit beautiful it will have been a really really expensvie holiday! i would suggest going a 'proper' way, especially if you have your kids to think about. it may take longer but you will prob just be more secure in the end. have a look at some of the job sites and see if there is anything you would qualify for and go from there. good luck!

Offline SJM

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2008, 04:21:51 am »
Hi there,  We have been here for 5 weeks.  We got here on a talent visa through my hubby's work experience.  He came first and had an interview.  We are managing so far and it is safe and nice.  If you would like to email me directly please do so.   We are on a work to residence visa. 

good luck

Offline itbjcm

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2008, 04:29:53 am »
Welcome SJM.  Where do you guys live?  Enjoy.  :)

Offline mandyh

• Certified Addict
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2008, 08:19:41 am »
Welcome SJM.  Go to the Howzit section and tell us more about yourself.
Where are you guys?

Offline Feather

• Resident
  • Heather - Kaiapoi, Christchurch
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2008, 08:42:16 am »
Welcome SJM  :clap: :clap:
Please tell us more about yourselves

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2008, 08:42:16 am »

Offline zatexnz

• Wizard
  • Hamilton, NZ
    • Colorific Photography
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2008, 08:52:59 am »
Welcome to kbhitchcock (man, you don't wanna know how my fingers got tied around that one! LOL), and to SJM.

KB, I'd suggest that before you come over, you try to get yourself set up with a few interviews, so that you don't waste time once you're here already.

Do I understand correctly that your ex is actually considering coming over with you?  If so, you may have to wait a year, and become un-ex'd (that a word?)... because you have to prove you've been in a stable relationship for more than 12 months to be able to come together.  Sorry if that's a damper on things though!

All the best with all your plans!!
lekker sweet as, y'all
~ Colleen

Offline ANTONK

• Resident
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2008, 05:06:34 pm »
SJM - all the others said it already - see you in howzit section  O0

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2008, 10:59:50 am »
Welcome to the family SJM :clap: