Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: Thought for the day......  (Read 868 times)

Offline Happy Expat

• Veteran
  • NZ, now Melbourne, Australia
Thought for the day......
« on: October 02, 2008, 06:10:22 am »
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover!!" (Author unknown)

Offline zatexnz

• Wizard
  • Hamilton, NZ
    • Colorific Photography
Re: Thought for the day......
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 06:48:09 am »
In the case of SA, it's sail away from the UNsafe harbour! ;)

But yes, I've had so many emails from friends who are now too old to do this move, and wishing they'd moved countries years ago.  And others that regret (like me) not pushing through and getting that diploma/degree behind their names.  If I hadn't married Jan, and I were on my own, I'd not be able to come here probably.  My husband also said the other night, that he was SO glad his dad PUSHED him to get a degree, even though he as a young adult thought it was a waste of time.  Today he's glad, because without it, we would not have been able to get into America 10 yrs ago, or get our PR for NZ within 6 months of applying!
lekker sweet as, y'all
~ Colleen

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 06:48:09 am »

Offline ANTONK

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 05:49:44 pm »
Linda you will think this is a lie - Just this afternoon on TV 3 "Threetalk" they spoke about HOW TO LE GO of something that hurts you, the past, a relationship ect. Yes you guessed right - our minds where on let go of the past in SA and focus on the future to NZ  :clap:  :clap:
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 05:52:09 pm by ANTONK »