Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: Ek weet nie meer nie...???  (Read 4868 times)

Offline soniag

Re: Ek weet nie meer nie...???
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2008, 08:03:55 am »
Thanks mandy...and sorry i probs confused you with someone else... :idiot2:  Dankie Anton.  Ek weet net nie of ek my hart kan vertrou nie!!! lol  Ek voel darem al beter na almal se kommentaar.  Dis nie dat ek onseker is dat dit 'n beter skuif is nie.  Dis meer 'n kwessie dat ek sommer stupid en emotioneel geraak het oor goed wat ek nooit eers oor worry nie... Die dat ek gese het my koppie raas....
Ek moet in elke geval eers gewig verloor....My skilklier kom darem nou reg so ek begin lig aan die einde van die tonnel sien... :clap:
You cannot control what life brings your way. But what you do with it is up to you.

Offline zatexnz

• Wizard
  • Hamilton, NZ
    • Colorific Photography
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2008, 09:17:27 am »
Dit was WendyH wat van Zim gekom het.  Seker die H aan die einde wat jou laat dink het aan MandyH   :)
lekker sweet as, y'all
~ Colleen

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2008, 09:17:27 am »

Offline soniag

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2008, 10:36:10 am »
Dankie Zatexnz.... Sien ek se mos my koppie raas... :idiot2: ;D
You cannot control what life brings your way. But what you do with it is up to you.

Offline bruceb

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2008, 11:30:31 am »
Soniag, I know EXACTLY how you feel. We're only going on an LSD (leave this Monday) and I'm already feeling nervous. I love this country too but the thing is, if I am really honest with myself and no-one else, I cannot see things improving here. I have 2 small children and what does SA have to offer them? Sunshine and beautiful landscapes? Will this make them truly happy when they're older? I am having the internal conflict of my life here but my brain says we should leave. It is very difficult to make a rational decision when your heart is set on the opposite and speaking to the people staying behind just makes things worse. Someone, who stayed in the USA for a while, mentioned that once you've tasted that freedom you can't go back. I am lucky enough to have experienced this first hand in the USA and I know that he is speaking the truth. This is what I want for my family.
Left SA - Feb 2009 (holiday visa)
Job offer - Feb 2009
WP approved - Mar 2009
EOI application - Mar 2009
PR application - May 2009
PR approval - Feb 2010

Offline Mumtaz (CapetonianInWellington)

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2008, 12:20:16 pm »
Colleen and Bruceboock I can not agree with you more. It is very hard and a very difficult decision to make. All our family are back in SA and we miss them terribly, but we have 2 small boys. It doesnt seem like things will improve in SA in the next 5 years and change takes a very long time and things are so bad that it will be very hard.

We have been in NZ for 4 months now and also left everything behind. I was back in SA a month ago to tie up some loose ends (we didnt sell our house in SA - we have tenants in there) and I was very fearful. I had to put myself back into the over alert mindset, worried about crime, robbery etc etc. I couldnt wait to get back.

I still feel sad that I have had to give up my "perfect job". I loved my job in SA and there is a 99% chance that I wont get a job like that here, but you know what, the sacrifice is worth it.

This is a decision that only you can make. I have heard of people that have gone back and most times to nothing, because they sold everything. I suggest that you think about it carefully and maybe it would be a good idea to come here first, to see whether this is what YOU want. My hubby came here in April "to check out the place" first as we were not willing to come to a place, firstly based on what other people have said, or their experiences, but wanted to have seen for ourselves. He came back and was very happy with the place - woke me at 3am the morning after he landed and said, "honey I dont want to live here anymore".

We are happy with our decision and our boys are happy and that is all that matters. Goodluck and keep us updated.

That is my 2cents worth :)

Offline ANTONK

• Resident
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2008, 03:34:39 pm »
Sonia ek het n oplossing vir dai koppie wat so raas  :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: ..... en worry eers as jy nugter word  >:D

Offline soniag

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2008, 06:48:22 am »
 :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Dankie Anton!!!  Ek begin te dink dis dalk my oplossing!!!!  :heeha: ;D

Baie dankie vir almal se kommentaar en bydrae.  Dis het baie gehelp om my minder eensaam te laat voel.  Ek weet nou dat dit 'n tydelike ding is en dat die gevoel sal oorgaan.  Ek dink al klaar my kop is weer 'n bietjie meer rasioneel. 

Dit het my bietjie uitgefreek want ek is 'n rasionele persoon, en om op so 'n emosionele rollercoster te moet gaan was vreesaanjaend om die minste te se!!!!

Dankie vir die boodskappe op Skype en die email!!! Julle weet wie julle is, ek wil net se ek waardeer dit so baie, en dit voel vir my daar is darem nog mense wat omgee!!!

Ek is eerlikwaar bly ek is nie die enigste persoon wat hierdie dinge beleef nie!  Ek sal maar sterk staan en ja ek dink ook altyd aan my kinders wat nog klein is.  Watse skool moet hulle na toe gaan en watse toekoms is daar vir hulle hier?  Die minste wat ek kan doen is om vir hulle 'n beter toekoms te probeer verseker.

Ek moet se ek wens partydae dat ons al daar is en dat al hierdie nonsens agter my le......

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2008, 06:48:22 am »

Offline ANTONK

• Resident
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2008, 01:11:51 pm »
Groot plesier Sonia  O0 - het vandag GrandPa's gekoop - skreeu net as jy nodig het na al dai  :drunk:  ;D

Offline soniag

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2008, 09:22:58 am »
Eish Anton so 'n bek moet jam kry, en jou noddy badge is in die pos vir so 'n gawe offer van grandpa's.... O0 :D

Offline ANTONK

• Resident
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2008, 06:58:57 pm »
Hi Sonia, ek wag vir my badge - dankie  O0

Offline soniag

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2008, 07:12:16 am »
 :2funny: :2funny: soos ek se.....dis in die pos....hiehiehie :whistle: >:D :2funny:

Offline Amber

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2008, 01:46:12 am »
Hi Sonia
Please make 100% peace with the decission whatever you decide.  We were so excited with our move and now I am feeling shell shocked.  There are days when I am very homesick and days when I don't miss SA at all.  I think that the thing that keeps me sane is knowing that we thourghly weighed up our options before we left SA and knew that we can not stay there any longer.  But I can tell you that once Africa runs in your blood it will never leave and part of it will always be with you!
Good luck with the choices that lie ahead of you
Amber
Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2008, 01:46:12 am »

Offline soniag

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2008, 01:01:23 pm »
Thanks Amber...much apreciated... :smitten:

Offline WendyH

• Certified Addict
  • Otorohanga, Waikato
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2008, 08:40:14 am »
Hi Sonia, I'm the one from Zim! - I didn't read this post before because I dont understand much Afrikaans . Its very true what Amber says - I grew up in the UK and then moved to Zim and I never missed UK at all but I really miss Africa, so even if you're not born there it gets into your blood somehow. We left our daughter and grandson in Zim and that was really hard but we definitely made the right decision to come to NZ.
 :gl: with your decisions.
EOI selected - 21 May 2008
ITA received - 1 July 2008
ITA lodged - 14 July 2008
PR approved in principle 04 May 2009
Received passports with stickers - 03 June 2009

Offline soniag

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2008, 09:50:49 am »
WOW Cant believe they stayed. could they not go or did they not want to go?  How are things for them in Zim now, as I hear things are really going hectic! PPl find it hard to even get food and they are starving.  Those who can afford it (goodnes knows where they get the money) come over here (to ZA) to buy food etc.

You know we hear the news but we dont REALLY know how everything is done.

Would be very interesting to know!

Regards, and thanks for the reply!
Sonia