Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: Hello - urgent question- possible interview  (Read 1047 times)

Offline andrea_vk

Hello - urgent question- possible interview
« on: January 15, 2009, 01:14:32 am »
Hi All

I have been off for a long time. Remembered I had my visa for OZ but have family in NZ. Now I had a baby in SA last March, and seeing current economic situations I decided to apply for jobs in NZ or OZ and go wherever the job takes me.

I am busy in the process of applying for my baby via.
My OZ visa expires in August 2010 so I think is tie to move, although my husband does not want yet,
Well I revamped my CV and apply for a job in AUckland. I was hopeful, but was not expecting this answer. The recruiter asked how quickly am I able to move and if I wil be able to fly for interview.

What is the appropiate answer. I was hoping they will try a phone interview. I know they do not like it but I heard many poeple had them. Now this is an IT post but not a managerial post.

So what is the best way to answer this without putting them off.
Now I know I can go to NZ without my baby visa and then I coudl apply from there. Is this right. She can enter the country with tourist visa. Is this right?

Thanks
Andrea

Offline Snoozy

Re: Hello - urgent question- possible interview
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 07:42:44 am »
Hey.
I would think if you get a visa, you should easily get one for your baby thereafter... I would check whether the company will pay for interview flights, and if so head over. Alternatively ask whether you can do a video interview over skype. I managed to get placed via skype interview (no video even) from SA, and that's in IT/Finance, so some companies are fine with that approach.

Good luck in any event.

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 07:42:44 am »

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 08:38:17 am »
Hi Andrea.

Only you can answer how soon you can be in NZ. From a starting work standpoint : if you already have all the documents ready in order to submit your WP application once you are offered a job, then you are looking at anything from 3 weeks to 3 months depending on how busy they are at the High Commission.

You can apply for a Visitor visa for your baby at the same time as your WP. The visa will be issued for the same period.

Offline Etresia

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 10:41:11 am »
 :gl:

Offline andrea_vk

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 12:54:30 pm »
Sorry, but do I need to apply for a WP. I have Australian permanent residence, so as I understand I can work in NZ also.

Thanks for your answers