Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: Our time has finally come! WE ARE HERE!!!  (Read 27870 times)

Offline Feather

• Resident
  • Heather - Kaiapoi, Christchurch
Re: Our time has finally come! WE ARE HERE!!!
« Reply #315 on: January 07, 2010, 03:11:28 am »
Congratulations S_M  :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline zatexnz

• Wizard
  • Hamilton, NZ
    • Colorific Photography
« Reply #316 on: January 07, 2010, 07:05:17 am »
Sorry I'm late, but a huge Congrats for sticking this through and clinging To God through it all!  May 2010 be your best year ever!!
lekker sweet as, y'all
~ Colleen

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #316 on: January 07, 2010, 07:05:17 am »

Offline Saturn_Moon

• Certified Addict
  • Auckland, New Zealand
« Reply #317 on: January 30, 2010, 11:27:33 pm »
So, time for another update. I had tried to do one a few weeks ago, when we had been in NZ for 1 year but then I lost the post and didn't feel like doing it all over at that point.  :P

Well a lot has been going on - on 16th January 2010 we celebrated our 1st year anniversary of arriving in NZ cowboy style.

On 21st January 2010 we received our passports back from INZ with indefinite PR and a 2 year RRV.  :heeha:
It was such a great feeling being able to see these lovely blue stickers with our own eyes in our passports - something which was a very distant dream 1 year ago.

So now we have requested our container and asked the shipping company to get the ball rolling on 1 February 2010 (tomorrow!) and can hardly wait to see our stuff which has been in storage just about forever! Hopefully we will get it before the end of April provided there are no issues at customs.  :)

We are also in the process of house hunting... again! We need a larger place than the place we are renting now, but over and above that we are not happy were we are - not in the greatest neighbourhood and had to learn that the very hard way. The townhouse itself is lovely but the location is ***. Oh well... The other reason is because we want to be closer to the city but without paying a fortune on rent. So far we have looked at 3 places - of which only 1 we like - and will be looking at another on Tuesday.

Since I last posted, we have also become the proud owner of 2 beautiful (and naughty) kittens.  :D
The one is ginger, the other ginger and white. Will post pictures in the next post in fear that I might lose this thread again if I try to post them at the same time (forgot to check the picture size and they ended up being too large and the 'back' button didn't work)  >:(

So we are very happy in New Zealand. Don't regret immigrating for 1 second and so happy that our risks and hard work paid off and that we are now Permanent Residents!
 :smitten:

Offline Saturn_Moon

• Certified Addict
  • Auckland, New Zealand
« Reply #318 on: January 31, 2010, 02:22:27 am »
this is our one beautiful kitten - Einstein

« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 03:48:00 am by Saturn_Moon »

Offline Saturn_Moon

• Certified Addict
  • Auckland, New Zealand
« Reply #319 on: January 31, 2010, 02:33:01 am »
this is our mischief maker - Odin

Offline Savayla

• Certified Addict
« Reply #320 on: January 31, 2010, 03:25:56 am »
Hi Saturn-Moon   Congratulations and well done.  You definately deserve a proper Cowboy Hat !!!  O0

We are also arriving cowboy style in April, with a few tricks up our sleeves, and hoping that they rabbits will come out of the hat on cue. 

Nice going through all your posts and following how you did everything.  Your kittens are so cute.  We have just found a home for our two, which is really hard. 

Offline frodo/maya

• Certified Addict
  • North Shore
« Reply #321 on: January 31, 2010, 06:44:46 pm »
your kittens are adorable!!

Congrats on all you have accomplished so far!

keep us updated

:)

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #321 on: January 31, 2010, 06:44:46 pm »