Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: Currency control  (Read 1599 times)

Offline AdrianC

Currency control
« on: February 10, 2009, 01:44:43 pm »
A little advice is required on this one, and honestly I don't know where to start, so please Nolan you guys having gone through this entire process already, any advice will be appreciated. I'll buy the first beer when I eventually get there.  :confused:

The wife and I having decided to make the move after attending the Pegasus launch are now doing research into the whole matter, cst analysis, processes, etc. I know it sounds a bit arse about face, but hey.

Firstly before moving of course we have to sell our house to gain the neccessary capital, now other than having to settle the existing bond balance are there any other costs, i.e.: taxman, etc?

How does one go about actually getting all your money to NZ, does one have to approach the Reserve Bank, firstly to do the currency exchange and then the transfer, or what?

When transfering these funds, to where would one transfer these?

I'm in a complete state of confusion here and don't know where to start???????????

« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 01:54:17 pm by AdrianC »
"Keys to success...Research your idea, Plan for success, Expect success & just plain do it!!!

Offline ANTONK

• Resident
Re: Currency control
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 06:41:21 pm »
Hi Adrian, go to the top of the page - then you will see the search function - click and then you put in key words and loads of information will be revealed to you as this has been discussed a few times on different place on this web site  O0

Grab a BIG cup of coffee and read read read - did I see read  ;D enjoy and  :gl:

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 06:41:21 pm »

Offline johanpet1

• Amanzimtoti (SA)
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 08:22:35 pm »
I agree with ANTONK, relax and start reading, that is how we are getting through this proses

Offline Mongrel Mobster

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 08:29:33 pm »
Oh and remember to read, read......

Oh and don't forget the coffee...
 :gl: :gl: :gl:

Kind regards,

Edwin

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 09:05:12 pm »
Hi Adrian

You can open a NZ bank account and transfer your money as long as it doesn't exceed the yearly travel allowance per person. Lot's of info about this on the site O0

Offline Durbschick1

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 03:12:35 am »
 :clap:  :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline AdrianC

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 11:48:45 am »
Thanks guys got some really great information.
Cheers :clap:
"Keys to success...Research your idea, Plan for success, Expect success & just plain do it!!!

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 11:48:45 am »