Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: South African High Commission now in New Zealand  (Read 28655 times)

Offline Saturn_Moon

• Certified Addict
  • Auckland, New Zealand
Re: South African High Commission now in New Zealand
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2009, 04:27:52 am »
Hi ks11

Haven't had a chance to yet but thank you for that - at least we don't have to go all the way to North Shore or Howick anymore. How long was the waiting period once you made the appointment?

Offline Saturn_Moon

• Certified Addict
  • Auckland, New Zealand
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2009, 06:00:16 am »
Don't worry about the question ks11...  ;)

Managed to book with the Auckland Police Station today and have an appointment with them in 2 weeks time (19 Oct) for 7.30am - at least then I am not too late for work and it's not too long to wait for. I could have gotten an appointment for 8.30am next week Monday (they only do this Mon, Wed and Fri) and I didn't want to go that 'late' during the week.

I am getting a new passport on the basis that I have been married and want to change my last name so fortunately there is no rush, it is still valid till January 2013.

Will keep everyone posted on the progress of this one...

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2009, 06:00:16 am »

Offline steven

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2011, 08:04:43 pm »
Hi

Updated tarrifs:

Fees: The applicable application in New Zealand dollars are as follows:
DESCRIPTION    COST
PASSPORT ADULT    NZ$ 78.00
PASSPORT CHILD    NZ$ 78.00
PASSPORT MAXI    NZ$ 117.00
PASSPORT ADULT LOST    NZ$ 156.00
PASSPORT CHILD LOST    NZ$ 156.00
TEMPORARY PASSPORT ADULT    NZ$ 35.00
TEMPORARY PASSPORT CHILD    NZ$ 35.00
EMERGENCY TRAVEL CERTIFICTE ADULT    NZ$ 27.00
EMERGENCY TRAVEL CERTIFICTE CHILD    NZ$ 27.00
BIRTH, MARRIAGE OR DEATH CERTIFICATE    NZ$ 15.00
BIRTH REGISTRATION – NEW BORN    FREE
ID APPLICATION    NZ$ 27.00
DUAL (RETENTION) OF CITIZENSHIP 6(2)    NZ$ 58.00
RESUMPTION OF RSA CITIZENSHIP 24(6)    NZ$ 58.00
RENUNCIATION OF RSA CITIZENSHIP    FREE
CHANGE OF FORENAME: ADULT    NZ$ 27.00
CHANGE OF SURNAME OR FORENAME - MINOR    NZ$ 14.00
CHANGE OF SURNAME - ADULT    NZ$ 63.00
STATUS OF RSA RESIDENCY    NZ$ 18.00
AMENDMENT OF PERSONAL PARTICULARS    NZ$ 14.00
LETTER OF NO IMPEDIMENT    NZ$ 10.00

Offline Savayla

• Certified Addict
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2011, 08:33:44 pm »
We have always just printed the forms from the SAHC in Australia site, as this is what they told us to do .    Here in Nelson, you can get an appointment the next day.  When we were in Auckland 7 years ago, and couldn't afford the 2 week wait, we drove down to Hamilton early one morning, and had them done there.  Not meant to do that, but we sort of lied about where we lived.  The guy saw right through us, but was very pleasant about it.  When caught, just smile   :2funny: 

We are also having to apply for 3 more passports, so thanks for all the info.  Been on my mind lately.  Hopefully they won't get lost in the post. 

Offline Siouxzee

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2012, 01:56:44 am »
If anyone needs the consulate there seems to be a competent person brought into help clear the backlog for a few weeks.

My husband lost his passport in May he phoned the consulate various times to be told nothing was handed in. So in August he gave up and applied for a new one.

After 5mths passport has not arrived. They can't tell him where it is in the process or how long it will be.

So yesterday he gets a call from a new lady who tells him his old passport has been there the whole time. It was just put with a whole lot of stuff and until she arrived noone bothered to look or go through the pile. unfortunately even though they don't know how long the new passport will be it is to late to cancel it.
EOI Submission - December 2010
EOI Selected - December 2010
ITA Received - December 2010
Awaiting Police Clearance
ITA Submitted - 03 March 2011
PR Interview - 15 March 2011
PR Approved - 18 March 2011
Passports sent and then received back - 30 March 2011
Arrive in NZ - 19 June 2011

Offline cal5

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2012, 03:59:01 am »
funny you mentioned the uselessness. friend of us went to the consulate here in Wellington quite while ago, and he said it was like walking into home affairs in joburg, useless and terrible frustrating and the exact same mentality ...

Offline SA3001

• Certified Addict
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2012, 07:18:00 am »
Yip, have heard nothing good at all about them - same old same old  :tickedoff:  Without wanting to create a "racist" discussion, I've always wondered why they don't employ whites in the consulate seeing that most expats here are in fact white?  And I say this from the perspective of the language and cultural barrier point of view.  It just doesn't make sense  :confused:

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2012, 07:18:00 am »

Offline MJ

• Certified Addict
  • Cambridge
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2012, 10:44:28 pm »
I needed a new police clearance a couple of months ago, I just walked into Tauranga Police Station and asked for finger prints to be taken. Took 20 minutes, I printed the clearance form out and sent it all off and got my clearance about 6 weeks later.

Offline mrjohnka

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2012, 01:38:09 am »
Hi just wondering what kind of visa do I need to stay in SA in long-term, and I'm holding china passport in new Zealand? My mother is holding self-employed permit there, and I want to go there stay with her for a long while. I have send an email to the consular, but it has been 3 weeks I still haven receive any reply.

Offline Siouxzee

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2012, 10:22:18 am »
After 10mths my husband still does not have his passport, though we can honestly now say through no fault of the Wellington branch.

Hubby wanted a maxi as well which also confused them as there is not an option for both maxi and lost. He had phoned to ask if this was the case what should he pay and they had said pay the lost passport fee as it was the most expensive and would cover both. After 7mths and numerous enquiries, with Wellington phoning and not being able to get an ETA. we then found out dha in SA were confused and not sure what to do as both options were ticked, so they did nothing. However another 3mths later still no passport and Wellington still can't get any joy. Anyway on Sunday I emailed all and sundry - (DA Home Affairs Shadow Minister, DA  Deputy Home Affairs Shadow Minister and a variety of people at DHA). Sunday evening the DA Deputy Shadow Minister responded and assured me it would be sorted out. We then found out that even though Wellington had sent numerous emails to SA about the information they required The "official" at DHA in SA was now still not sure if we had paid the correct fee for a lost passport (even though we paid the fee stipulated). 

We have now been emailed by a lady in DHA in SA and Wellington phoned hubby today and have been assured that it will be resolved.
EOI Submission - December 2010
EOI Selected - December 2010
ITA Received - December 2010
Awaiting Police Clearance
ITA Submitted - 03 March 2011
PR Interview - 15 March 2011
PR Approved - 18 March 2011
Passports sent and then received back - 30 March 2011
Arrive in NZ - 19 June 2011