Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: versekering?  (Read 2588 times)

Offline aniena

versekering?
« on: August 24, 2008, 08:03:26 pm »
Hi

Ek wil graag uitvind watter lewensversekering het julle uitgeneem in Nz asook die huisinhoud en kar versekering.  Die een wat my die meeste kopbrekings gee is die lewensversekering. Hoe weet mens watter maatsakppy is stabiel en betaal uit. Op wie kan jy staatmaak en wie't die beste deals???

Groete aniena  

Offline itbjcm

Re: versekering?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 10:39:29 pm »
Ek is nie heeltemal seker presies hoe dit werk nie, maar blykbaar het elke maatskappy 'n rating: AA, A- of wat ookal.  Jy kan by die maatskappy self uitvind wat hulle rating is.  Dalk is daar ook 'n website?  Ons versekering het ons by ons bank uit geneem en dit is BAIE goedkoper as in SA.
 :)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 11:07:11 pm by itbjcm »

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 10:39:29 pm »

Offline aniena

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 12:03:48 am »
Thanks a lot, baie dankie - ek sal daarna kyk!!! :) :)

Offline MJ

• Certified Addict
  • Cambridge
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 08:38:45 am »
We currently have our  car insurance through National bank and pay $131 per monthbut today I got a quote from Tower Insurance and they quoted us $90 for 2 cars and $30000.00 household insurance so we will definately think seriously about changing. Just waiting to read the quote to make sure it cover the same (full comprehensive on the cars)

Lea

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 11:45:58 am »
Stay away from Westpac insurance.  We just recently had this situation (as posted in our blog):

So recently we noticed our insurance company deducted too much money from our bank account and certainly we've received no communication at all from them.

So I emailed them demanding to know what was going on. And so then I received some feedback from them this morning. They investigated our situation and found that since the last renewal, they changed underwriters and so she explained why the amount was then different. And just to prove that they sent out communication to us, she attached a scanned copy of the letter and schedule sent to us.

First of all the address was our old address just when we came to Auckland (the house that was leaking and filthy where we didn't stay very long). Just after we moved we phoned them to update our new address.

This letter was dated 1 April 2009 (that's right folks, that was 2 days ago) to inform us that they have decided to change underwriters. The letter then went on to say "You do not need to contact us to activate the change. This will occur automatically on 26 February 2009 at 12:00 a.m. At this time we do reserve the right to change the terms of your policy, upon adequate notification to you... If you decide this cover isn't right for you, you have 30 days from the date the cover changes, 26 March 2009 at 12:00 a.m. to advise us. Please fill out and sign the attached direct debit authority"

Anybody seen where we parked our time-machine?

Offline !!DV!!

• The Venter
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 09:49:52 am »
Ons is by AMI hulle is nogals goed, diens gewys...

Betaal net so by die $90 per maand vie Huis-inhoud ($35000) en een motor ($6800).

Offline magusta

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 10:01:36 pm »
tower - 2 cars fully comp + 60k house content $120

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 10:01:36 pm »

Offline Awa

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 06:56:29 am »
We have been really impressed with AMP.  Pay $130 a month for 2 cars and the household.   Within two months of joining AMP we had one car stolen (and recovered) so had to get repairs done and I flooded the kitchen in our rental and had to get most of the cupboards replaced.   The sorted out both the incidents, cost them thousands of dollars (they only got $260 out of us at that stage for premiums for two months) but they didn't bat an eyelid.   Just paid out - no problem!!
Arrive in NZ in August 2008
WP received October 2008
EOI submitted April 2010
ITA received April 2010
PR Application Submitted 07 July 2010
PR Approved 18 February 2011

Offline ANTONK

• Resident
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2009, 07:05:51 am »
 :heeha: Amazing Jackie - just  :smitten: NZ way  O0

Offline addywads

• Hastings, Hawkes Bay
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2009, 11:35:07 pm »
We are paying $86 per month thro ASB bank for 2 cars and household contents (cars are quite old tho!)  ;) Excess is $250 on any claim. 
Life is too short for regrets.

Offline doodled

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2009, 07:25:33 pm »
We are with Tower for our short term insurance, best deal I could find at the time. Most of the banks just act as brokers for the big insurance companies anyway, so you are probably going to be paying a commission on top when insuring through a bank.

Best is to avoid brokers and deal with the big companies like Tower, AMI and State directly. Avoid Sovereign, they only work through brokers, so to change anything is a chinese whispers affair and you are hooked in for life with the broker, and they are very expensive.

For life insurance I dumped Sovereign as they doubled my premiums in 5 years, opted for Pinnacle Life (easily done via the web) for less than half the premium we paid before.