Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: Immigration Advice  (Read 10879 times)

Offline 2GatJakkals

Re: Immigration Advice
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2013, 10:19:21 am »
Yes, I saw that when I Googled it.  O0
EOI selected Sept 2011, ITA received Oct 2011, ITA submitted 23 Feb 2012.
Job offer received 10 Apr 2012, Applied for WP 16 Apr 2012, WP issued 24 May 2012, Wife started working in Wellington 1 June 2012.
PR approved 18 July 2012, House in Pretoria sold Oct 2012, Arrived in NZ 1 Dec 2012

Offline Vicky Venter

« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2016, 02:46:51 pm »
Hi everyone

We are thinking about the big move to NZ. But our main concern is our financial living. How big wil our drop be when we move?  We dont mind the stepping down on our standerd of luving as long as we know that we can get up to  our current( upper middelclass) standard of living in the future.

My Husband is an Internal Auditor and Im a pre primary teacher.

Any advice on this?

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2016, 02:46:51 pm »

Offline ShaunB

• SATONZ
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2016, 10:21:57 pm »
Hi everyone

We are thinking about the big move to NZ. But our main concern is our financial living. How big wil our drop be when we move?  We dont mind the stepping down on our standerd of luving as long as we know that we can get up to  our current( upper middelclass) standard of living in the future.

My Husband is an Internal Auditor and Im a pre primary teacher.

Any advice on this?

Hey Vicky, it will vary quite a bit based on were are going to live. Auckland is expensive, but you can get by with good budgeting principles. With two salaries coming in it should be easier. It also depends on your situation. Day care is really expensive if you have young children, but schooling is not if your kids are school aged. In my opinion and experience, you dont need more money here to have a better quality of life, depends on whats important to you.
www.satonz.nz
my satonz discussion pages... :)