Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: 2010 - Say no more! No where to sleep, no where to stay, no cars to hire!  (Read 2473 times)

Offline frodo/maya

• Certified Addict
  • North Shore
Re: 2010 - Say no more! No where to sleep, no where to stay, no cars to hire!
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 12:21:17 pm »
Jip say no more and then the government is just going to say it is not that bad they are overreacting.  ::)

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 12:21:17 pm »

Offline ronaldd

• Certified Addict
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 12:50:34 pm »
Dis nice van die britse regering.... hulle kyk na hulle mense.. hulle maak seker hulle mense is veilig.
Weet jy wat gebeur na die sokker... hulle gaan terug huis toe.
2008-04-06 Landed
2008-06-06 WP.
2008-06-17 EOI
2008-07-16  Selected
2008-12-04 Residence application submitted
2009-03-30 Residence + RRV Granted
2009-04-07 Received passports
2014-07-28 Citizenship

Offline Harm

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 03:02:11 pm »
I am so glad, DV, that we will be out of here by then. Here are some more choice headlines just for today (Thursday). Then the govt wonders why foreigners have a negative perception.

- Pretoria - The caretaker and gardener of a smallholding at Boschkop, east of Pretoria, have been found tied up and murdered.
The bodies of Martin "Tienie" Jacobs, 65, and his gardener were found under boxes and pillows on Wednesday morning, about 12 to 18 hours after their deaths.
Jacobs and his gardener, whose identity and age have not yet been determined, were both presumably strangled. Jacobs was found with a wire around his neck, tied to a trailer.

"I don't understand why they had to tie up an old man like a dog," said his brother William, 60, after seeing the body on Wednesday.

"It's ugly. It's horrible. They're bent on murdering each and every one of us."

- Johannesburg - A total of 923 government officials at national and provincial level have been brought to book by the human settlements department's crackdown on corruption, Minister Tokyo Sexwale said on Thursday.

- Cape Town - Menzi Simelane's appointment as national director of prosecutions shows an "utter disregard for the Constitution and the law", according to constitutional law expert Pierre de Vos.

- Johannesburg - A man was shot dead and another wounded during a shootout near Randburg following a car hijacking, Johannesburg police said on Thursday

- Cape Town - About 400 residents of Atlantis, near Cape Town, burnt tyres and barred police from evicting people from an orphanage in the area on Thursday, said a community member.

Offline ronaldd

• Certified Addict
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2009, 07:17:39 pm »
Harm,  you are correct, but its also a perception.

The media also has been at fault.  I can make you a simular list on NZ Crime.  It is those headline stories which can be swayed any way , and it is in context with the bigger picture which will cause people to see a country in a negative light.  I also think that Saffers around the world caution their collegues and friends about going to SA.  It is not to run down SA but basically to make sure they don't think they are taking a trip to disney world.  It is different and if you went to a country like america,  you could end up in a place which is dangerous... the same can be said for any country.

I didnt understand how other countries did not send their military planes.  Surely people from other countries could SEE that SA's crime is putting millions of citizens in danger.  Someone needed to help. 
The sad fact is,  in foreign media the people complain about SA are whingers.  There is zero news about SA crime i other countries.  If an individual who just came from SA,  tell some foreigner, usually they listen with interest at the story. For them its a story because it cant be real.  They can not even imagine a world like that because of their experiences. Its like telling someone who has just living in a rainforest all their lives that there is a place where there is no water,  only sun, and extremely hot all day and white sand as far as the eye could see.   If you have lived here for a while, you forget.  I dont know if that is good or bad.
2008-04-06 Landed
2008-06-06 WP.
2008-06-17 EOI
2008-07-16  Selected
2014-07-28 Citizenship

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2009, 08:14:13 pm »
They are trying to be very PC about the whole "Be on the Ball" campaign, but they are lying to the guys so the whole campaign comes to nothing. HERE is a link to the launch press conference where the idiot is telling everybody "most of the crime is opportunistic crime like snatching handbags if you leave it on the table when going to the loo and that the crime is the same as all around the world"

HERE is a link to the "Be On the Ball" campaign main site. Not a single word about hijackings, murders or stuff like that, just mentions of petty crimes that I could see and them warning you to take out medical insurance because medical costs a lot in SA - yes it does you when you have been shot to shreds and had the soles of your feet hacked off for fun you morons  :tickedoff:

Offline ronaldd

• Certified Addict
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2009, 09:30:08 pm »
I don't want people to cancel their plans - just to be very careful and stick to the main tourist areas.  So you try to be very diplomatic and tell them to "always be on the lookout" and all the rest of the stuff we basically grew up with - but you kinda get a weird look back as to say that you are overreacting.
One gets split between ,  wanting to say "I told you so",  and honestly hoping that you are wrong and were over reacting.
I think warning them,  gets seen by them as over reacting but I think if something happens they would have thought "if only i listened"... the problem is.. you only die once,  there i no harm in just being cautious.  It would be too late.  So we can't do any more but just caution those planning to go to SA. I dont want anyone to get hurt.
2008-04-06 Landed
2008-06-06 WP.
2008-06-17 EOI
2008-07-16  Selected
2014-07-28 Citizenship

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2009, 09:30:08 pm »

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2009, 10:45:07 am »
I know this sounds bad, but I want this FWC to go really bad. With the eyes of the world on SA, it is an ideal opportunity for the world to finally, undeniably open their eyes and see what is going on in SA without being able to sugar coat or sweep reality under the carpet. I want all the terrible things that happen to regular SA'ns on a daily basis to happen to especially the journalists so that the media can wake up and see what a monster their beloved ANC is.

Offline ronaldd

• Certified Addict
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2009, 06:54:50 pm »
Nolan,  i think the world can see what they did wrong,  but also,  they dont give a *** about the SA people.  If SA keeps on producing gold they dont care who lives there.

The people still there will be the ones who suffer the most.  It has to get really really bad before the world will take notice.  I am talking disaster / people dying  kind of bad.  Not just a badly planned event.

To a certain extent,  I agree with you.  If the world cup went great,  the ANC goverment would be so smug and nationalistic that they will just step on the human rights.   If the soccer world cup went bad, there would be a certain level of humility.  Well,  i would guess. 
The amount of bussiness it would generate for South africans if it went well would be a welcome relief in this current economic climate.
2008-04-06 Landed
2008-06-06 WP.
2008-06-17 EOI
2008-07-16  Selected
2014-07-28 Citizenship

Offline frodo/maya

• Certified Addict
  • North Shore
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2009, 06:06:11 am »
If the soccer world cup goes bad, it will be a racial issue again.

What worries me is what is going to happen after the worldcup, everybody is exited about this huge event, but what after? :confused:

Offline addywads

• Hastings, Hawkes Bay
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2009, 10:35:21 am »
The rest of the world sat around and did NOTHING about Zimbabwe so why should it be any different with SA? Anything bad that happens will be blamed on apartheid and anything good that transpires will be credited to the ANC  :tickedoff:
Life is too short for regrets.

Offline Snoozy

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2009, 08:31:03 am »
I hope the world cup goes well. The world doesn't care about other countries, unless there's oil. Look at the rest of Africa. A bad world cup will just make it harder for the people at home - surely can't wish that one them!!! And to wish it on someone that something bad happens to them - surely that makes you as bad as the perpetrator?

just my thoughts...

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2009, 08:31:03 am »

Offline Clarikdeens

• Torbay, Auckland
    • The Paint Basket
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2009, 08:39:31 am »
On Tuesday 8th at 7:30pm on channel 74 (Documentary) SkyTV there will be a program on "Zimbabwe - The Militarized State" for those who are interested.

Offline ryanrich

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2009, 01:47:27 pm »
I hope the world cup goes well. The world doesn't care about other countries, unless there's oil. Look at the rest of Africa. A bad world cup will just make it harder for the people at home - surely can't wish that one them!!! And to wish it on someone that something bad happens to them - surely that makes you as bad as the perpetrator?

just my thoughts...

Agreed...  ::)

The WC will go well. Friday the draw was great and there was such an awesome vibe in Cape Town. :)

Offline Hopeful

• Auckland, NZ
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2009, 04:57:34 pm »
Agree too. It was pretty cool on Friday wasn't it? It's FIFA's tournament - there's way too much at stake for them to allow it be a failure.