Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: Baby Citizen?  (Read 1076 times)

Offline janwswan

Baby Citizen?
« on: April 04, 2010, 08:40:46 am »
Hi all
Eugene T's death convinced us finally to speed up the immigration progress. Originally our plan was to go after our baby was born, but now we think of having the baby in NZ.  We will receive our PR's in mid-April, then my wife will be 31 weeks pregnant. If we fly over immediatly after receiving passports and the baby is born in NZ, will the baby be a NZ citizen?  If so what are the concequences for us as legal guardians?  Can we then return to SA and sort out all our stuff?  Do we still have a 2 year returning residence visa or a indefinate returning residence visa since the baby is a citizen?

Offline paula

Re: Baby Citizen?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 09:39:33 am »
i'd say best to check that with your immigration officer. also your airline, they might only let you fly with a dr note. prob is there is def a place on the form you fill in that states... are u planning on coming to nz to have your baby... so best to check.  good luck

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 09:39:33 am »

Offline frodo/maya

• Certified Addict
  • North Shore
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 03:10:27 pm »
not sure ? sorry but I wonder if you should not be in NZ for a certain period first and then when your child is born they are regarded as citizens, sorry once again would have loved to help!

:)

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan