Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: A Change in Mindset  (Read 20565 times)

Offline SaKiwiBoer

• Guru
  • We're in Tauranga.
    • Oosthuizen family in NZ
Re: A Change in Mindset
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2010, 09:43:09 pm »
Beauty is in  the eye of the be(er)holder

:2funny:  :2funny:  :2funny:
No wonder I have a problem.....
I'm not much of a be(er) holder....  :2funny:  :2funny:  :2funny:
  :beer:  :party:  SAKB.
21/03/2007-EOI submitted
18/07/2007-Selected from the Pool
07/03/2008-Receive ITA
15/05/2008-ITA Submitted-(hou duim vas)
11/12/2008-PR GRANTED-(thanx a lot!!!)

"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." (Benjamin Franklin)

Offline Savayla

• Certified Addict
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2010, 09:44:54 pm »
Gotta disagree with you there.  We are in the country, and we find the women here much better looking and dressed, than when we were in Northshore 7 years ago.  It is the younger girls with their bottle white hair, black roots, and black make-up that I can't stand. 

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2010, 09:44:54 pm »

Offline magusta

« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2010, 11:35:12 pm »
and will learn south african history up to pre-94.

Why only until then ?  That is like just learning about Germany before the war !!!   They need to know everything .

i'll rephrase: they'll learn the 'unchanged or untampered with' history

Offline Savayla

• Certified Addict
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2010, 01:27:28 am »

i'll rephrase: they'll learn the 'unchanged or untampered with' history

Aah, thanks for rephrasing.  I completely agree with you.  It has to be the unadalterated, unabridged version.  Can't stand this tampering with history.  Tell both sides, but please tell it like it is . 

My husband has a book that was written and published about Die Groot Trek concerning his great great great great grandmother.  I have kept it very safe.   They were Havemanns, were on the trek going to meet up with one of the famous leaders, they lost a cow, told everyone else to go on ahead, that they would catch up.  Later that night, heard shots, shouts, etc and thought that they had met up with Piet Retief and were celebrating.  They arrived to find that everyone in the lager had been slaughtered, except for a small black girl, a servant, who was hidden under a mattress.

Offline robcraignz

« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2010, 10:08:10 pm »
Good to know that you think of yourself in the thrid person Schalk. :2funny: :angel: SAKB, the slippers and pj's aren't reserved for the"plattelandse" girls, seen many in the same wonderful get up. waltzing around in Porirua and Petone. Petone is meant to be the Melville sort of equal?????? have to admit, the local gals is not thet prutty, ek is baie gelukkig met my stunning boere meisie van Potch af. Always been of the opinion that SA grils were by far, the best looking of all those I have seen, in the travels I have made. Pretoria girls were the pick of the bunch, yet they somehow seemed to disappear between 6 pm and 7 am (never found the solution to that - hhhmmm, what a pity). Think NZ now has potential for improvement, they are allowing more foreigners in, so cross cultural breeding might create some dem guud looking people, with really good outlooks on life??? They certainly can't go wrong with a large dose of Saffer blood in them? :angel: :angel: :angel: >:D

Offline Chan in Wellington

« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2010, 05:57:58 am »
So glad to hear that SA girls have such a good reputation  ::)
'The only difference between a rut and a grave, is the depth'.

Offline Savayla

• Certified Addict
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2010, 06:22:36 am »
They do.  What worries me is the reputation of the kiwi girls.  I read an article in the newspaper a few weeks back which stated that Kiwi girls were the "loosest " in the world, and would end up sleeping with a load of guys before settling down.  And that the guys expect it.  Waaaa !!!  I have two girls and am going to have to really go the extra mile to teach them good morals and be like their mama was .  Hubby says his club  just got bigger !!!   :2funny:

« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2010, 06:22:36 am »

« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2010, 06:42:37 am »
So funny....the different cultures !!

Offline Paperdoll

« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2010, 10:46:21 am »
I'm also quite :o when I hear some of the girl-talk and skinder stories around me!!!  Makes me :blush: at times!! Trust me, I think the girls here can be quite a handful. 

Not sure our men are all that safe .....  :2funny:  :2funny: 

Offline cyclewife

• Let the roller coaster ride begin
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2010, 11:14:54 am »
 :heeha: oh my greatness - will have to continue instilling good morals - teenage son.... oh la la... don't need him coming home telling me i'm going to be a grandmother... i'm way too young for that...  :heeha:
Medicals Done - 31 Aug 2011
LTBV app sent - 16 Sept 2011
LTBV approved - 10 Feb 2012
Passports sent - 10 Feb 2012
Passports received with visa - 20 Feb 2012
House sold - 25 Feb 2012
Attorney instructed - 08 March 2012

« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2010, 12:36:15 pm »
I think I'll have to lock my daughter up when we get there  :2funny:

Offline SaKiwiBoer

• Guru
  • We're in Tauranga.
    • Oosthuizen family in NZ
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2010, 05:02:41 am »
They do.  What worries me is the reputation of the kiwi girls.  I read an article in the newspaper a few weeks back which stated that Kiwi girls were the "loosest " in the world, and would end up sleeping with a load of guys before settling down.

A while ago I heard on the radio that the average kiwi chick will have + - 40 "partners" in her life time.... eish..... where we're we in our younger days...  :2funny:  :2funny:  :2funny:
Enjoy, SAKB.
21/03/2007-EOI submitted
18/07/2007-Selected from the Pool
07/03/2008-Receive ITA
15/05/2008-ITA Submitted-(hou duim vas)
11/12/2008-PR GRANTED-(thanx a lot!!!)

"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." (Benjamin Franklin)

« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2010, 05:02:41 am »

Offline Savayla

• Certified Addict
« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2010, 07:39:34 am »
thanks SaKiwiBoer.  This was the article I was referring to.  40 partners !!!!  Oh my ...  :idiot2:   And daddy says  :knuppel2: :tickedoff: :uglystupid2:  :fight:   And boy says  :help: :confused:   And I say  :whistle:  wasn't me who whispered in daddy's ear .   

Offline alwyn

« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2010, 08:08:29 am »
Well I heard about a family who could not emigrate to Aus because their teenage daughter's (15) HIV test came back positive in the medicals.

Finally the story came out that she used to hang out with friends at Tygerberg mall (not bad area) at night and that they will play spin the bottle and the girls had to go to the restrooms and have sex with whichever boy the bottle stopped on.

« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2010, 08:22:21 am »
Yes, some of the SA schools are full of all the wrong guidance.  My son is 15 and he tells me most of the kids smoke in the toilets.  Now if I had done that at high school in my day (not THAT long ago....) I would have been expelled.