Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: A huge hello to u all! Newbie from Cape Town - OZ and now.....our dream....NZ  (Read 1192 times)

Offline Tui

• Certified Addict
Hi to you all! We are a Cape Town family, we have been living in OZ now for a year and a half - and have decided to make NZ our home hopefully by the end of this year! My hubby is a Kiwi by birth.....BUT, left with his parents when he was very young. He has however been back twice in the last 3 years, and loves it!!!!!!!

We are planning to go to Tauranga, Bay Of Plenty, the whole of NZ is paradise, so a very, very hard decision! He is in the Motor trade - so he is also looking for work at the moment........it is a little daunting as nothing has come his way - so we just keep looking! We have a son aged 17 and a daughter aged 11.....oh, and our dog - who came over from Cape Town.......what some of us do for our furry family members..... :smitten:

We hope to post a  :clap: post soon telling you all that my hubby has found work........and we are ON OUR WAY!!! We hope to meet some South Africans in the area??

Thanking-you all!!!
~ Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened~

Offline cyclewife

• Let the roller coaster ride begin
 :bigwelcome: a warm welcome to our Saffer Aussies.  :2funny:
and may your hubby soon be given a job offer.  :gl:
Medicals Done - 31 Aug 2011
LTBV app sent - 16 Sept 2011
LTBV approved - 10 Feb 2012
Passports sent - 10 Feb 2012
Passports received with visa - 20 Feb 2012
House sold - 25 Feb 2012
Attorney instructed - 08 March 2012

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

Offline Tui

• Certified Addict
Hey cyclewife, thank-you soooo much for that warm and wonderful SA greeting!! Much appreciated! So much to do....so little time - if I had my way, would be on the next available flight......really cannot wait to get there!

Hope you get all your docs sorted ASAP and a SPEEDY arrival to NZ!!!

Offline cyclewife

• Let the roller coaster ride begin
Mmmmmmm..... well applied for unabridged etc on 13th May...so it's a month now and nothing yet... awaiting that sms which says COLLECT
Medicals Done - 31 Aug 2011
LTBV app sent - 16 Sept 2011
LTBV approved - 10 Feb 2012
Passports sent - 10 Feb 2012
Passports received with visa - 20 Feb 2012
House sold - 25 Feb 2012
Attorney instructed - 08 March 2012

Offline frodo/maya

• Certified Addict
  • North Shore
 :welcome: to the family kiwiwannabe!!!

Goodluck with finding work! will keep everything crossed on this side!! :gl2:

Ursula

:)

Offline Werner

:welcome: to the family and keep us posted.
Job Offer Rec 17/11/08
EOI Selected 19/11/08
ITA Rec 13/12/08
ITA Submitted 06/01/09
PR Granted 05/03/09

Offline Savayla

• Certified Addict
Welcome ex-Kaapie .  We have always wanted to live in New Zealand, thought we should go and check Australia out just to make sure. Had a wonderful time in Oz, lots of sun, friends and family there.  But, when we flew to New Zealand (had been here 7 years ago ) my hubby said he truly felt he had come home. 

We are loving it here and I am sure you will love it too, especially since your hubby is a kiwi. 

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
:bigwelcome: to the family guys, at least it's a short flight for you O0
Let's hope the JO comes sooner rather than later :gl:

Offline Tui

• Certified Addict
Frodo/Mayo, Werner, Savayla and Nolan......with warm wishes like that - we the Kiwiwannabe family are sure to get some positive news soon!!! Thank-you all!!!!

Savayla - yes, I have never been to NZ, but hubby did admit it is a lot different from OZ - and he did feel more at home there. OZ has been fantastic to us......but there is something missing, and has been in the 18 months we have been here. NZ was our first choice initially, why we did not go with our gut.....well, is beyond me - but then life is trial and error. Hubby left with his parents at age 5 (Auckland) and grew up in Zim and then Cape Town.....so yes, back to his roots after 40 years!!! My Mom-in -law (aged 87) admitted that if it was not for her husband leaving with the family for Zim all those years ago - they still would have been there!
I stumbled on this forum by fluke, so glad I did! A gem of a find!
Will keep you all posted......

Kiwiwannabe family

Offline SaKiwiBoer

• Guru
  • We're in Tauranga.
    • Oosthuizen family in NZ
 :welcome: to our SAKIWI Auzzies....  :2funny:
or should I just say  :welcome: Kiwiwannabe and family.
Hope you get sorted quickly.
Cheers, SAKB.
21/03/2007-EOI submitted
18/07/2007-Selected from the Pool
07/03/2008-Receive ITA
15/05/2008-ITA Submitted-(hou duim vas)
11/12/2008-PR GRANTED-(thanx a lot!!!)

"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." (Benjamin Franklin)

Offline Tui

• Certified Addict
 Geez - I can really be so dof - did not see your post until now....SAKB - thank-you so much for that lovely welcome....... :) Still need to get my head around this forum - so much to read - rather daunting!!!

Better late than never - so cheers, once again!!! O0

Kiwiwannabe family