Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: Tolerance Please  (Read 12362 times)

Offline SusanJ

Re: Tolerance Please
« Reply #75 on: November 12, 2010, 06:25:42 am »
Dunno about that Private Chat function Colleen, this is much more fun than watching WWF!  ;D

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny:
07/10/2009: EOI Submitted (TICK)
08/10/2009: EOI selected from pool (TICK!)
19/11/2009: ITA received (TICK!)
25/11/2009: ITA submitted (TICK!)
20/05/2010: PR granted (after waiting 2 months for a police clearance!)
27/05/2010: Passports submitted
02/06/2010: Passports returned - YAY!!!!!

Offline Anna007

• Browns Bay, NZ
« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2010, 07:25:03 am »
ek het seker erens di pad erg buister geraak, liewe genade mense  ???

Forum: "a public meeting or assembly for open discussion"

Sagoingtonz forum: "this is your area to chat with others like yourself who are going through the New Zealand immigration process"

Tolerance: "a fair, objective, and permissive attitude toward opinions and practices that differ from one's own"
"What we see depends mainly on what we look for"

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2010, 07:25:03 am »

Offline vulpes

« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2010, 08:14:09 am »
wow! this thread ahas been an eye opener  :heeha:

but i like it! i like that people can say what they think, the way they think it.

before this thread i was a bit wary because i thought it was a little weird that everyone was so nice. happy to find out you are all totally normal!

<sits back with popcorn>
23/08/2010 EOI Submitted
25/08/2010 EOI Selected
10/09/2010 EOI Selection Rescinded
23/05/2010 EOI Re Selected
06/06/2011 ITA Received
27/11/2011 ITA Submitted
10/12/2011 ITA Rejected
16/03/2012 ITA ReSubmitted
11/05/2012 CO Assigned
14/09/2012 Phone Interview
26/10/2012 PR Approved
15/02/2013 In NZ

Offline Gypsymom

• In the winterless north
« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2010, 08:35:16 am »
This is better than Jerry Springer.  But even that gets boring after a while. ;D ;D ;D
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2010, 12:42:26 pm »
k, i have read the "offending posts" and really guys, if somebody gives their opinion on a topic, it's just that, their opinion. Nothing else, nothing more. If you don't agree with that opinion then state yours. whats the point of getting hot under the collar about it for? If you find yourself in this situation, then don't read that post, or ignore the person who's posts you don't want to see anymore. simple as that.

Offline Savayla

• Certified Addict
« Reply #80 on: November 12, 2010, 07:14:33 pm »
Yes dad .  Can we go out to play now ?   >:D :2funny:

Offline Snoozy

« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2010, 07:17:17 pm »
LOL!  :D :D :D

Don't these comments really all just show up huge insecurities amongst most of us? These are justified, as it's a big move, but let's be honest, many many South Africans over in NZ are still so uncertain about the decision, even if they wouldn't say it aloud (hoping that by saying the opposite the insecurity will slowly but surely be swept under the carpet and magically disappear).

Note - just my opinion! >:D

LOL - Savayla!

« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2010, 07:17:17 pm »

Offline maanhaarleeu

« Reply #82 on: November 13, 2010, 11:38:20 pm »
Yes indeed the internet is no man's land.
Here people get suspect when we are too friendly and think we are living in some kind of dream world that does not reflect a true NZ if we reflect our views of how we find and perceive NZ.
I mean really people, what is really suspect about being happy in a place?  I think Rockhopper did mention in some other thread that one should do your homework well and not just believe anything from one person or website.

Nolan, it seems we have a conflict of interest here.  This forum is SA going to NZ aptly name www.sagoingtonz.co.nz.
Perhaps you could start another website SA leaving NZ called www.saleavingnz.co.nz;)

If I look at Magusta's situation, he reminds me of myself when I was leaving SA so I understand that once your mind has been made up and all your finance, planning and energy is on that next great move then no one whether stating facts or fiction can change your view or perception.  People happy in SA would defend SA with their whole heart and soul, much the same way I would do for NZ now. 

Auckland NZ, Howick

Offline addywads

• Hastings, Hawkes Bay
« Reply #83 on: November 14, 2010, 12:46:54 am »
I have not been to the site for a while because quite frankly, I found the smiley faces all a bit nauseating.  This is the real face of it people - differing opinions and expectations, some of those expectations definitely unmet for some but for others exceeded.  We are happy here but everyone comes for different reasons and for some, those expectations remain unfulfilled because someone painted such a rosy picture and it turned out not to be so.  That is why having balanced views is so important - NZ is not uptopia but for some of us, this is where we have chosen to be. For those who choose to go back to SA or to OZ, all the best.  I would like to jump the ditch in 3 yrs time when we get our passports but I just dont know if I have it in me for another big upheaval.  We will wait and see.
Life is too short for regrets.

Offline Shirls

« Reply #84 on: November 14, 2010, 10:14:47 am »
Well said Addywads.

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
« Reply #85 on: November 14, 2010, 10:53:22 am »
I will always allow the good, bad and ugly of NZ to be expressed here and not let the site become just another tourist brochure. Nobody in SA trying to decide if NZ is worth uprooting their entire future and history for wants to be fed a tourist brochure. They need to hear the dirt too. I would much rather have somebody come here expecting a country slightly better than SA and be pleasantly surprised, than have everybody arrive here expecting to have their feet washed and be fed grapes only to find out that real life happens here too. Immigration is too important a decision to make and too big a risk to take if you don't have the full picture.

Offline frodo/maya

• Certified Addict
  • North Shore
« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2010, 07:46:14 pm »
Agree 100%  O0

« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2010, 07:46:14 pm »

Offline Snoozy

« Reply #87 on: November 15, 2010, 09:09:57 am »