Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: Re: Delays in paper work cause both employees and employers stress  (Read 1904 times)

Offline spnzjobs

Hi all

I have just had a client contacting us about the collapse of his work offer as his paperwork took too long to process and the employer here got cold feet and withdrew the work offer. This is the third case that I am privy to in less than 2 months.

Would be migrants should be very clear with their employers about how long their paperwork is going to take - be honest!

Secondly clear basic paperwork and issues that can potentially delay you taking up the position offered on time, by handling these beforehand. Employers will not wait indefinitely.

Make sure you have a good immigration advisor who is highly respected, ethical and informed and get them to address all issues that could delay your taking up the position at the agreed time with the employer.

If things are going to take long, make it known, as time is always an essential term of any contract including job offers.

If a problem arises be immediately in touch with your employer and negotiate a time solution.

It is sad to get a job offer and to lose it to carelessness or bureaucratic delays in SA or NZ. Employers generally will not wait for months on end until things are sorted.

Thanks

John

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
Re: Re: Delays in paper work cause both employees and employers stress
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 10:35:16 pm »
Thanks for the feedback John. I have pinned this post as it is very important that the guys know this

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

Re: Re: Delays in paper work cause both employees and employers stress
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 10:35:16 pm »

Offline Myra Wilkins

Re: Delays in paper work cause both employees and employers stress
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 07:45:15 am »
Hi all

I have just had a client contacting us about the collapse of his work offer as his paperwork took too long to process and the employer here got cold feet and withdrew the work offer. This is the third case that I am privy to in less than 2 months.

Would be migrants should be very clear with their employers about how long their paperwork is going to take - be honest!

Secondly clear basic paperwork and issues that can potentially delay you taking up the position offered on time, by handling these beforehand. Employers will not wait indefinitely.

Make sure you have a good immigration advisor who is highly respected, ethical and informed and get them to address all issues that could delay your taking up the position at the agreed time with the employer.

If things are going to take long, make it known, as time is always an essential term of any contract including job offers.

If a problem arises be immediately in touch with your employer and negotiate a time solution.

It is sad to get a job offer and to lose it to carelessness or bureaucratic delays in SA or NZ. Employers generally will not wait for months on end until things are sorted.

Thanks

John

Hi there all

I know the above was written a long while ago but it is relevant to myself and my husband at the moment.  Hubby has had skype interviews for a position, in the interview with his would be manager he was told that if he was asked to do a re employment medical the position was his, this happened, medical was done and the results sent to the relevant "talent aquisition" person in the company.  It has been over 2 weeks now and no job offer, I contacted the lady and she said that the medical results had been sent to the local provider and we should hear something back in 48 hours, it has now past that. What do you suggest must we just be patient or do we bug them for answers. Should we contact the manager? Not sure how pushy we should be...
Thanks for any advice
Myra
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 11:16:43 am by Myra Wilkins »