Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: Should I go to NZ  (Read 5004 times)

Offline carlashoeman

Re: Should I go to NZ
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2013, 01:42:25 pm »
Hi,

I am new here on this forum.
I have been contemplating going to NZ for only a couple of months, but in the last 6 years in SA we went from bad to worse.
My husband lost his job 6 years ago and we have traveled form GP to Cape Town in search of work for him and since then he has only found a couple of temp jobs here and there. From owning a house and 2 cars to renting and driving a broken down un-roadworthy car and public transport we are on the verge of jumping on the first plane out.

Nowadays they don't even state that it should be a AA/BBEEE applicant it only states you should be fluent in an African language!!

I know all countries have their issues, but SA is at a point of no return.
I think it is safe to say that we will never be able to bounce back.

From this side of the world it seems we are on a high way to the same destination as Zim....

Should I go to NZ!

I think there is no question about it. :'(

Offline imbuedee

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2013, 05:44:33 am »
I'd say yes. If you're thinking this long about it, I think it's time to take the leap. All the other comments here are really insightful though and should give your mind enough of a jog to make a decision and consider all the things that are important to you. There are many beautiful things about NZ and I think crime is relatively less a factor than SA so that should be good for u.

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2013, 05:44:33 am »

Offline Dan

• Happy for people to friend me on FB as well.
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2013, 06:44:57 am »
From what I have read it seems a no-brainer that you should make changes in your life. So I am sure you will take that into consideration.

I think the questions that you should ask are do you have the skills and qualifications necessary that will enable you to live permanently in New Zealand? And does New Zealand gain sufficiently from your application that it will let you live there?

These are important questions because they go to the heart of New Zealand's Immigration policy.

Offline Dan

• Happy for people to friend me on FB as well.
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2013, 11:39:48 am »
By the way, I think if you do move you will enjoy a good standard of living.  :)