Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: Good old get togethers........  (Read 1624 times)

Offline Tui

• Certified Addict
Good old get togethers........
« on: January 22, 2011, 07:54:56 pm »
Phoned a good friend of mine in Cape Town last night - morning there......and she was getting ready to host a braai - with all our friends.....most of them I have know for yonks - and they were at my 21st..... :'( :'( so miss those gatherings, sitting in the company of friends that know you inside out! :( Must admit, felt so depressed after that......

x
~ Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened~

Offline SA3001

• Certified Addict
Re: Good old get togethers........
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 08:31:46 pm »
 :'(  Shame, yes it does touch a nerve sometimes, especially in the beginning.  We are very lucky to have made friends with a couple who run the motel we stayed in when we arrived in Kapiti - they are from SA and have been here 12 years.  Older than us and kids all grown up now, but they have been so good to us and we feel we've known them for years.  Have had several get togethers with them now and they're coming for my 40th birthday this weekend.  Also Mike's cousin and his Kiwi girlfriend are flying in from Auckland to spend the weekend with us especially for the occassion which made me feel very loved and special indeed  :clap:  She and I took to each other instantly and now we chat and sms often. So give it time and soon you'll be looking back at the "good ole days" with your NZ friends  :-* :1hug:

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

Re: Good old get togethers........
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 08:31:46 pm »