Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: World Braai record goes to.........  (Read 1495 times)

Offline Tui

• Certified Addict
World Braai record goes to.........
« on: September 18, 2010, 03:35:08 am »
SOUTH AFRICA.... :clap: :clap: The world record for the longest braai was recorded in SA - 28 hours and 30 min!! O0  By Jan Scannell AKA....Jan Braai......
~ Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened~

Offline Savayla

• Certified Addict
Re: World Braai record goes to.........
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 04:40:04 am »
That is a record I would not mind attempting.  Our favourite pastime, DH and me, is to light a fire, get a piece of boerewors and braai it.  Eat is slowly.  Keep the fire well stoked.  A glass or two glasses of wine later, add a stukkie bees vleis.  Cut that MR with fresh lemon juice, kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.  And so the afternoon passes on. 

Go Jan !!!!!

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 04:40:04 am »

Offline rodders

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 06:09:33 am »
....  Cut that MR with fresh lemon juice, kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. 

Savayla please explain:  What is MR? and why kosher salt?   (I'm a bit slow this morning)

Offline Tui

• Certified Addict
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 06:50:57 am »
Whoo.....I am sure that old Jan must be so gatvol of seeing and smelling meat now..... :whistle: Might just make him go
vegetarian...... ;D Yes, we too are a massive braai family - although I must admit - I still prefer the wood braai, this gas
barbie thingy does not do it for me...... :( always over way to fast, with the wood fire, you can sit for hours and chat and entertain... ::)

~ Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened~

Offline SA3001

• Certified Addict
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2010, 07:13:07 am »
although I must admit - I still prefer the wood braai, this gas
barbie thingy does not do it for me...... :( always over way to fast, with the wood fire, you can sit for hours and chat and entertain... ::)

:clap: :clap:  For sure

Offline Savayla

• Certified Addict
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2010, 07:39:33 am »
....  Cut that MR with fresh lemon juice, kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. 

Savayla please explain:  What is MR? and why kosher salt?   (I'm a bit slow this morning)

Ok, nothing to do with Jewish cuisine .  MR does not stand for Moses Returns  :2funny: 

MR-  Medium Rare.  Kosher salt is basically coarse sea salt.  Sorry, have my nose in recipe books at the moment as we have started a kids dinner club .  5 kids aged 5-12.  Good friends.  Every two months they have to choose a menu, shop, prepare, set the table and serve a 4 course dinner.   We did this as teenagers and a while back with some kids in Langkawi and it was  fabulous.  REally difficult dishes too. 

Enjoy

Offline rodders

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2010, 05:22:17 pm »
Thank you!

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2010, 05:22:17 pm »