Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: What evidence to attach to residency application  (Read 1121 times)

Offline LTtoNZ

• Anything is possible - have FAITH
What evidence to attach to residency application
« on: March 18, 2014, 04:30:36 am »
I wonder if anyone can help me with some thoughts on this...

We've just received our ITA letter for skilled migrant category residency (YAY!  :yippee:  )  On the checklist of documents we must provide, under 'work experience evidence', it says the following:

"Original or certified copies of work references. These must state your start and finish dates, your position, how many hours per week you worked, and the name and address of your employer."

Because I my husband (principal applicant) had only one employer, this means we'll only be attaching the one letter as above.  We'll attach his job description from this job as well.

My question is, they've only asked for the letter - should we go ahead and attach other stuff as well such as performance appraisals and payslips?  Or do we ONLY give what they ask for?
Job offer April 2012
Sold house May 2012
Applied for WV 15 Sept 2012
WV approved 23 Nov 2012
Arrived in NZ 30 Nov 2012
EOI selected 19 Feb 2014
ITA received 15 March 2014
ITA submitted 28 April 2014
ITA lodged 30 April 2014
CO assigned 26 May 2014 - more documents requested
Residency APPROVED 6 June

Offline Savayla

• Certified Addict
Re: What evidence to attach to residency application
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 02:03:03 pm »
You supply more than they ask for, make it look as good as possible.  The more relevant info, the better.  Remember to note all attachments down in your covering letter.

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

Re: What evidence to attach to residency application
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 02:03:03 pm »