Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: TVNZ comentator  (Read 2823 times)

Offline Awa

Re: TVNZ comentator
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2010, 10:17:24 pm »
I think it is important for us to know that for some people we will NEVER be kiwi's.  We are immigrants and that is the way it is.  Anand Satyand was actaully born in NZ so if he is still not kiwi enough then most of use who just arrived in the past 10 years certainly won't be.   Personally this does not bother me.  I have seen and survived more then most of these closed minded people and am proud that my experiences have made me a stronger better person.   The majority of hard working intelligent kiwis understand the value immigrants bring to the country as can be seen by the very diverse ethnic varieties that make up the most influencial companies in NZ.  You will find racism wherever you go in the world - that is life.  Paul Henry is a very funny guy who unfortunately has never learnt the value of thinking before speaking and so he is always having to take his foot out of his mouth.  He must like the controvercy cause he does it over and over again.  The best thing to do with a guy like that is take him with a pinch of salt - he is certainly not worth me getting my very South African nickers in a knot! 
Arrive in NZ in August 2008
WP received October 2008
EOI submitted April 2010
ITA received April 2010
PR Application Submitted 07 July 2010
PR Approved 18 February 2011

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2010, 11:20:40 pm »
he is a love him or hate him kinda guy, I love him. He keeps the Kiwis on their toes

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2010, 11:20:40 pm »

Offline Savayla

• Certified Addict
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2010, 12:25:38 am »
I think everyone is too PC.  But, I  don't think I will ever be a Kiwi.  My kids will, and their kids definately.  I am quite happy being a South African / Zimbabwean, living in New Zealand.   We are too different, and I love our differences. 

Offline Snoozy

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2010, 06:18:44 pm »
Absolutely well said Savayla! It's entirely true - it's not easy to change one's roots! And most foreigners here, such as the Poms, understand that well, although Kiwis don't seem to quite get it.

Offline MickeyD

• G'Day, Taranaki!
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2010, 12:52:57 am »
Paul Henry is a very funny guy who unfortunately has never learnt the value of thinking before speaking and so he is always having to take his foot out of his mouth.  He must like the controvercy cause he does it over and over again. 

Well, it seems he couldn't get his foot out of his mouth this time.  The public outcry has been too large, even after all the apologies he's made, and he has decided to resign!  Sad to see him go.  :(
"Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it's called the present."

Offline Savayla

• Certified Addict
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2010, 01:22:51 am »
We don't really watch TV, so I have not actually seen or heard him.  Watched his acceptance award though.  I think he is one of those guys who likes to shock, and to push the barriers.  Unfortunately for people like him, just like children, sometimes they push the boundaries too much and learn the hard way. 

In enjoy people who are not scared to say what alot of people privately think !!!!   

and for those who don't like it, well, they don't have to look and listen ???