Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: Digital TV  (Read 1912 times)

Offline alan56

Digital TV
« on: November 12, 2010, 08:06:48 am »
Hi Guys
Just to firstly say thanks for all the info  :clap:I have gathered and read on this forum. I am one of the "lurkers" and have until now not posted as all my questions have already been  discussed previously.

We have been advised by friends in NZ not to bring our TV's as NZ is going digital. Can anyone confirm this and how soon will this happen?
HADANUFF

Offline zatexnz

• Wizard
  • Hamilton, NZ
    • Colorific Photography
Re: Digital TV
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 09:13:40 am »
Well, well, I nearly called your bluff the other evening, when I saw you were online, but hadn't introduced yourself yet!  :knuppel2: >:D 

:welcome: to the forum!!!  If you're bringing a whole container over and there's space, then bring the TV along.  I don't know how long before digital will be here, we don't even own a TV, but if you already have one, it's one less thing to spend your money on when you arrive here.  Rather bring it over, and enjoy watching while you can.  When digital arrives, it's probably going to be pretty expensive to start off anyway, and you'll be wanting to spend your first earned $$ on other vital things. 

That's just my opinion.  ;)

And now that you've stuck your head out, you may as well hop on over to the forum where you introduce yourself properly and give us your full pedigree, and that of the cat (or dog, or fish)... well whatever may interest us!  :2funny:  The only way to build up friendships is to start chatting away... so that when you arrive here, you may at least "know" one or two people here!  O0
lekker sweet as, y'all
~ Colleen

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 09:13:40 am »

Offline alan56

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 12:54:24 pm »
Thanks for the replies. Tried to sneak in quietly but got caught!! I have introduced myself in "Howzit"

We will probably take the small set and buy a decent TV in NZ. I don't mind spending some money on a good flat screen in NZ as you are not likely to loose it due to affirmative shopping!!
HADANUFF

Offline zatexnz

• Wizard
  • Hamilton, NZ
    • Colorific Photography
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 01:33:26 am »
So true!!
lekker sweet as, y'all
~ Colleen

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 09:20:58 pm »
if you have space, bring your TVs, you can always drop them off at the Hospice shop or donate to a fellow Saffer if you decide to buy a larny TV once here